• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Christmas book!

I am sure much if not all will still apply today, if the methods caught fish then they will now, it is us and tackle that have changed not the fish.
Nah a think tha fish are more educated now like what with all the Internet cables under the sea like we ownly catch the thick ones like 🤪

I've got quite a thick hardback angling book that I've had since late teens/early 20's, so about 45 years old. I'll try and dig it out for a photo!

I've got quite a thick hardback angling book that I've had since late teens/early 20's, so about 45 years old. I'll try and dig it out for a photo!
Did dig out a couple of Angling books earlier - sure there are more somewhere.

Fishing books 01_01_23.jpeg

"The Anglers encyclopaedia" was published in 1968, so I must have had it about age 11 - it still has Mum's address writen inside the cover, probably because I lent it to a mate. As you can see, it has been well used! Always was a useful resource.

The "Fishing Skills" book is dated 1988, so a little newer!

Collin Willock was responsible for some very good books👍

I know my mates son found the Fox guide to modern shore fishing very useful, but as said it's the tackle that has changed most (although you could argue that species distribution has changed too)

Last edited:
Some classics there. Bob Church was the man in the world of game fishing 👍
An absolute legend and someone I was proud to call a friend. As he became more ill he started to struggle with tying knots and flies onto line and confessed to me that he felt embarrassed asking for help. My reply to him was easy, as I told him that I would need to carry his gear, tie every knot for him, row the boat each time and then clean his car weekly and I would still never be able to repay him for his friendship, his company and his incredible advice!

One of our last trips.

DSCF0588.JPG

An absolute legend and someone I was proud to call a friend. As he became more ill he started to struggle with tying knots and flies onto line and confessed to me that he felt embarrassed asking for help. My reply to him was easy, as I told him that I would need to carry his gear, tie every knot for him, row the boat each time and then clean his car weekly and I would still never be able to repay him for his friendship, his company and his incredible advice!

One of our last trips.

View attachment 37987
Where is that. Packington ? trying to think where ive fished with trees in the water.

Back