• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Close but no cigar.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
After a bit of a lean spell lately, with just the odd fish to beat the blanks, things have finally started to pick up again this week 😉.

Though Tuesday was still relatively quiet, I did manage another 3 to add to my total, including a half decent fish of around 55cm (y). Things really took off last night though and after another slow start, the bass turned up in numbers at dusk.

I ended up with 15 in total, my best bag ever, with the biggest 4 all at 50cm, which takes me to 99 for the year, and in touching distance of the ton for the 4th time in the last 5 years ☺️.

Agonisingly though, I’m off on holiday tomorrow, so I won’t be able to reach the milestone in June 😭. On the plus side, if I can do it next time out in early July, then it will still beat my previous earliest ton by a month, so I can’t complain too much 😄.
Bass - 82 2023.jpg

Bass - 85 2023.jpg

Bass - 88 2023.jpg

Bass - 91 2023.jpg

Bass - 93 2023.jpg

Bass - 95 2023.jpg

As well as the bass I also had a surprise capture in the shape of this, I didn't weight it though and so I've no idea if it was a pb or not 😅.
Feathered friend - June 28th 2023.jpg

Some nice fish there 99 so far for the year thats some going . You must be putting some serious hrs in. Don't think the gull will count on the species hunt 🤔😁 .

Cheers gents, looking forward to getting out on them again after a nice little break.

Maybe if you’re not getting any cigar fun . you should give Ms Lewinksy a quick phone call..🧐

Back