• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Coasters?

Redneck Dek

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Can anyone point me in the direction of some slimline/unbulky coasters or would I be better off with a reel seat?

Thanks lad?I’ll probably fish the rod fixed spool so will have look for reel seats.

I was very anti reel seats for multiplier fishing because I was used to the big unwieldly things that came ready fitted to the old fixed spool rods but then I eventually tried the new Fuji seal seat and now will never go back to coasters.

They are brilliant and very slim compared to the old type. I use them on fixed spool and multiplier and the reel always feels very secure.

I gave up on coasters a long time ago and put fixed reel seats on.
I could never find a set of coasters that were comfortable, always too bulky.
I've made myself a pier rod out of the top section of a cheap Chinese beach caster that I've had to use coasters on because of the shape of the bott section the reel is fixed on. I'm hoping the Breakaway plastic coasters are going to do the job.

Get a Fuji type pipe fitting(Need to find butt diameter first though)and a coaster that fits just over tube!
Then you put two cuts in pipe halfway through width of coaster at fixed hood end then take a narrow sliver out between the two cuts along pipe(for when tightening up coaster)unscrew end off then slide coaster into place then slide where like on rod? tighten coaster up so stays put but might need to pack out beneath if size miss match!
Once right you can use either reel for fs just undo a bit and slide coaster two one side so sits in open spade on hand.

another vote from me for reel seat

as you are using a F/S get yourself a century reelseat as the last thing you want is a butchered seat with an unneeded coaster sticking out in the way ?? you dont mention what rod you intend to fit it too? you may need an extra bit of shrink tube or electrical tape to pack the butt out a little to get a snug fit.

as you are using a F/S get yourself a century reelseat as the last thing you want is a butchered seat with an unneeded coaster sticking out in the way ?? you dont mention what rod you intend to fit it too? you may need an extra bit of shrink tube or electrical tape to pack the butt out a little to get a snug fit.
It’s for a Paul Kerry supercast ?

Back