• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

COD IOW

nickg191

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Hi All,

Anyone seen any COD yet? New to the forum as just picking up my new boat after a couple years out. Fishing in the Cod open on 13th November from Southsea marina and wondering if anyone has seen any with the warmer water/weather still here.

Bit out of my area Nick, but welcome to the Madhouse anyway! 👍👍

I was talking to a commercial fisherman a few days ago who'd had 40 in a trawl between Lepe and the Island, so they're probably fished out now.
He made good money though, nice plate sized fillets.

That's alright then...

I was going to end with one last word, begins with c ends with t.

Hi All,

Anyone seen any COD yet? New to the forum as just picking up my new boat after a couple years out. Fishing in the Cod open on 13th November from Southsea marina and wondering if anyone has seen any with the warmer water/weather still here.
Welcome to the forum 😃

we managed to get out on November 13th, tried a couple spots Culver spit, fingers bank and south nab. Had the 2 above which were only interesting fish as I was plagued with Conger eels again. Seem to do well fishing for conger eel, must of had 30 that day.

Any advice to avoid the congers? They drive me nuts.

Anyone fishing the SMAC Cod comp this Sunday? Weather looks good for it. I’m taking my new boat out with a mate and fishing it. (Merry fisher marlin 895) if anyone’s going, would be good to say hi on the day.

Anyone fishing the SMAC Cod comp this Sunday? Weather looks good for it. I’m taking my new boat out with a mate and fishing it. (Merry fisher marlin 895) if anyone’s going, would be good to say hi on the day.
Good luck to you Nick …. I am just across the water in Havant. Hope the fishing goes well for you and you get to “Cod Christen” your new boat

we managed to get out on November 13th, tried a couple spots Culver spit, fingers bank and south nab. Had the 2 above which were only interesting fish as I was plagued with Conger eels again. Seem to do well fishing for conger eel, must of had 30 that day.

Any advice to avoid the congers? They drive me nuts.

Back