• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Cogden break in

charr

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi all
Went with Tom for a session at Cogden last Saturday, strong cold wind off our shoulders flat sea ……could only mean ting
Yep we found them , several over 1lb
Dogs and straps , I’m sure the cod were there but the tings were on it very quickly
Tried a stinger rig but livebaiting a 1 lb ting is not classic tactics ha !!
Two dramas
Firstly app 300yds out a diving duck flew out of the water in a big swirl being chased
by something big !!
It cleared the water in front of us golden flanks looked over 80lbs
It was either a porpoise or TUNA !!
Thoughts ?
The second was more serious
Around midday a dog walkers car had its back window smashed and handbags stolen
The scum must have been sitting in their car watching the ladies put their valuables in the boot and when it was quiet
I don’t know how you stop it but just be aware who’s around when you leave your car
Sorry to bring this to your attention but it might help someone
Thanks Gray

Shame i missed you guys i was split between cogden and abbo all day Saturday . I blanked at abbo not a single bite all day despite chucking quality worm and crab baits out . Didnt see a single fish landed all day but i also had something large breach the surface but couldnt make out what it was . Shame about the carpark incident absolute scum .

Evening Colin
How weird no fish at abbo
I reckon you could have walked across the channel with the amount of tings on offer further west. !!
Catch up soon
Gray

Despite the car park c#nts sounds interesting, a seal maybe another possibility not sure hard to say at this time or year, was it a cormorant the diving bird you saw ? Usually full of fish I've seen them gorge themselves to death. Could be a good target for a seal, like an all in one pie or pasty bird and fish .

Evening
It was definitely fishy not a seal
It was nearly dark and light was not good
The duck” wasn’t a cormorant either so bit of a mystery
A small seal swam past us 10yds out earlier
Definitely not that
It probably was a porpoise, but imagine if it was a tuna that close in
My 230 yds on the reel would last 10 secs !!!
Apex predators following the whiting shoals I would imagine
Gray

Back