• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Cogden last night

Rapunzel

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Fished it low to high and down to low again.

Walked along the beach east a fair way, set up in front of the second house. Shuffled around a bit to find the clay, 'cos I'm not the biggest caster on the beach.

Three plaice in daylight, one to keep that was maybe a pound and a half. Managed to pick up the test match on my phone which kept boredom at bay. Also a sole in daylight, and then two further keeper sole in the evening, several slips, a dab, pout and straps.

Fantastic stars.

Lovely to walk out along the beach rather than the shingle, didn't stop once.

I had tied some fancy sole rigs, with split shot, luminous beads, stainless steel beads and the like but all the sole came on unadorned clip downs with size four hooks and six inch snoods. Black took significantly more than rag.

I did go last week as well, but it was like fishing Southbourne with countless tiny plaice (Actually that's rude to Southbourne, I have had several keepers from there this year but not for the three years preceding...). I got a few mackerel last week on the toby, but there were none to be had last night.

Nice report Rapunzel - well done! ????

Back