• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Cogden yesterday

Rapunzel

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Didn't see Pete, I'd wandered East by then, but might have said hello to John starting out on the big walk.

Walked well East, arrived at low, to find a strong current and plentiful weed.

Put the spikes on, and had three bites during the early flood, all producing a keeper plaice, best about a pound.

Missed a couple of other bites, switched rigs and then had a nice pan-sized sole at dusk.

Also a massive slack liner on the sole rig which I didn't connect with. I wonder what that was?

As high hit then the rubbish started. My first dogfish for five trips - I almost felt affection for it until it scraped me! - some straps and numerous pouting. Then the weed and the current returned. I waited longer than I should before walking off, wanting the beach rather than the shingle. I must be getting soft in my old age.

Didn't see Pete, I'd wandered East by then, but might have said hello to John starting out on the big walk.

Walked well East, arrived at low, to find a strong current and plentiful weed.

Put the spikes on, and had three bites during the early flood, all producing a keeper plaice, best about a pound.

Missed a couple of other bites, switched rigs and then had a nice pan-sized sole at dusk.

Also a massive slack liner on the sole rig which I didn't connect with. I wonder what that was?

As high hit then the rubbish started. My first dogfish for five trips - I almost felt affection for it until it scraped me! - some straps and numerous pouting. Then the weed and the current returned. I waited longer than I should before walking off, wanting the beach rather than the shingle. I must be getting soft in my old age.
Well done mate. I would have been glad of a doggie , but all I got was Ted, ?

Tidy session there topped by a few fish for the table, nice one. ?

Very well done on the Plaice and the sole (y) (y) and the doggy:unsure:(y)

Back