• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Cogden

squidword

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Fished the above Saturday evening, started fishing around 5pm. First chuck both 3 hook clip downs returned minus the hooks! My nephew managed to bag himself a dab, then I manage a plaice. As the light went the hounds moved in, my son in first with a half decent one of around 9lb, then one about 6lb for me taking lug on a size 4. Then my nephew bags his first ever hound of around 4lb. More hounds to me on size 4s and lug, couple pout, dogs, strap.... There was fish there but the tide was just too late for me, packed in around 11:30 as I wasn't fishing properly, just falling asleep. Next time I won't work before, think the 5.30am start did me 😂

Nice session mate, good mixed bag too, well done.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Nice report Squiddy. Jeez, you must have been shattered by 11.30pm after a 5.30am start. 🎣🎣👍👍

Nice report Squiddy. Jeez, you must have been shattered by 11.30pm after a 5.30am start. 🎣🎣👍👍
Just not got it in me anymore, must be age catching up with me! Years ago I used to be a machine, never even looked at rod tips, just bait up, walk 30 yards up tide, smash it out there, then repeat... From dawn until the early hours. The amount of bait I used was something else 😂. Regularly had plaice in the 2 to 3lb bracket in my bag, best session had 20 odd plaice, with 6 over 2lb. Seems to be lots of plaice around last couple of years, which is promising, but size is nothing like 10 years ago......

Back