• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Cogden

Reevsey

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
With the sun shining, i decided to take the trip to chesil yesterday for the 1st time this year . Plan was to fish cogden from low to high in the hope of a plaice or ray . Once i got down there i realised getting a plaice was gonna be hard work the water was still very dirty with lots of weed and some large debri floating in it . Im sure i saw the roof of a beach hut float by . I failed on both targets only managed a few pout and a couple of eels for my troubles. I fished a spot i usually fish but after these storms i couldn't find the clay beds that are normally there .I did try out my new century rucksack for the 1st time and can confirm its a great bit of kit , very comfortable with plenty of room for everything needed for a day on the beach .
Good luck to anyone out this weekend.

Well done Reevsey! At least you had a few out after a fairly long drive. 🎣🎣👍👍

Nice one Reevsey, Pout and eels better than a blank mate, and no snapped rod.. ;)

Ian.

Unfortunately thats where i snapped my rod 😪
Oh dear, where abouts on the rod did it snap mate, not "high tipping" was it ?

Ian.

Same sorta result as the trip the week before.
Got some settled weather coming hopefully the water will clear and we can actually see whats there...
Tom popped out n grabbed a plaice and SE Sunday so maybe its on the up!.

Same sorta result as the trip the week before.
Got some settled weather coming hopefully the water will clear and we can actually see whats there...
Tom popped out n grabbed a plaice and SE Sunday so maybe its on the up!.
Im sure your right Pete . When i got down there i was suprised at how dirty the water still was alot more colour in it than we have down here . I'll be back up in a couple of weeks

Im sure your right Pete . When i got down there i was suprised at how dirty the water still was alot more colour in it than we have down here . I'll be back up in a couple of weeks
Walked the footpath behind with Ted Saturday, its complete devastation behind there. When the sea came through the bank its "salted" everything behind.
The pic below is the breach, the debris is about seven foot up in the trees!.
If anyone is considering walking along the back the not all access points are still there they are still inundated.
20240413_151147.jpg

With the sun shining, i decided to take the trip to chesil yesterday for the 1st time this year . Plan was to fish cogden from low to high in the hope of a plaice or ray . Once i got down there i realised getting a plaice was gonna be hard work the water was still very dirty with lots of weed and some large debri floating in it . Im sure i saw the roof of a beach hut float by . I failed on both targets only managed a few pout and a couple of eels for my troubles. I fished a spot i usually fish but after these storms i couldn't find the clay beds that are normally there .I did try out my new century rucksack for the 1st time and can confirm its a great bit of kit , very comfortable with plenty of room for everything needed for a day on the beach .
Good luck to anyone out this weekend.
planning a trip there on wednesday but may try portlemouth. decisions decisions

Back