• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Conflicting advice...

Plaicehunter

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
....about cod in the Tamar:
*Don't bother unless you have crab/I had three on lug and squid but no bites on peeler/prawn works for me/all I use is squid.
*They've had loads at Devil's Point/most of the cod are upstream of the ferries.
*Don't bother with the mouth of the Lynher/I had two six-pounders from my kayak at the mouth of the Lynher.
*I'd try above the Tamar Bridge just opposite the armaments jetty/I had my best cod in Barn Pool.
No wonder I'm confused - maybe I'll try West Mud tomorrow....

Never believe what you here, always best to do your own home work as you have done (y)
That's true though sometimes there are people who I know might of only told certain others. If I heard it in a tackle shop or read it on an open forum I wouldn't bother chasing it because the world and his wife would be fishing there.

That's true though sometimes there are people who I know might of only told certain others. If I heard it in a tackle shop or read it on an open forum I wouldn't bother chasing it because the world and his wife would be fishing there.
Yes , in this case graham is normally spot on . He is good where the tamar is concerned

Back