• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Cornwall

A RED weather warning!!!!!
Water colour should be good ?
A little bit breezy ? perhaps.
Anyone out fishing ??
We weren't supposed to get any strong winds yesterday, Blew a hooley last night until late; smashed to patio table. Suppose to be storms tomorrow so will check reels etc, maybe some new line and oil the bearings for good measure.

We weren't supposed to get any strong winds yesterday, Blew a hooley last night until late; smashed to patio table. Suppose to be storms tomorrow so will check reels etc, maybe some new line and oil the bearings for good measure.
YES
I did all this routine maintenance in September 2021, when I packed away all my kit in a secure,dry place.

We had the first storm Dudley, fiece winds and driving rain ?️, temperature ?️ of 17c unseasonably mild just for the day.
Yesterday afternoon walking the dog ?, you could feel the moisture in the air, late evening and the wind ? picked up.
As I write this morning, it's extremely windy ?️ torrential rain ?️ and I still have to walk the dog ?.

YES
I did all this routine maintenance in September 2021, when I packed away all my kit in a secure,dry place.

We had the first storm Dudley, fiece winds and driving rain ?️, temperature ?️ of 17c unseasonably mild just for the day.
Yesterday afternoon walking the dog ?, you could feel the moisture in the air, late evening and the wind ? picked up.
As I write this morning, it's extremely windy ?️ torrential rain ?️ and I still have to walk the dog ?.
Went to my local last night for an hour, checked with my motorbike friends and fishing buddies. Was some good friendly banter, the boss cooked me a nice medium rare rib eye steak had with mushrooms, peas and a few of Aunt Bessies chips. Then a slice of proper home made fruit cake I made yesterday afternoon. That was me sorted for the evening (y)
Rescued my reels from the tackle box this morning, stripped them down (one at a time) oiled and new mono line (Diawa Sensor). Winds now picking up and cat not a happy fella at mo. Stay safe peeps :unsure:;)

What the hell has all the drivel that has been written got to do with fishing in Cornwall.??? Cfish is the only guy who has mentioned the word fish.All others are either stuffing their faces with food or doing maintenance on their gear.?The OP has taken his dog for a walk and Beach is looking after his unhappy Pussy.??

Last edited:
What the hell has all the drivel that has been written got to do with fishing in Cornwall.??? Cfish is the only guy who has mentioned the word fish.All others are either stuffing their faces with food or doing maintenance on their gear.?
Depends what you are fishing for.

No ones out fishing in this weather, although Falmouth/Trefusis looked fishable, if you do go out, be careful, don't become a statistic
The guys Landlocked Northants.?? He wont be wetting a line soon.:cry::cry: Just stirring the pot.

Last edited:
No ones out fishing in this weather, although Falmouth/Trefusis looked fishable, if you do go out, be careful, don't become a statistic
I told the guys working across the beach not to drive across the water on an incoming tide!!! What did they do?????

I told the guys working across the beach not to drive across the water on an incoming tide!!! What did they do?????
=One nackered dumper truck and a farmer having a few notes in his pocket for dragging it off with the matbro!!! The office wallers need a kick up the ass!!! The time scale of the job didn't take in to consideration,tides,access and weather!!!

=One nackered dumper truck and a farmer having a few notes in his pocket for dragging it off with the matbro!!! The office wallers need a kick up the ass!!! The time scale of the job didn't take in to consideration,tides,access and weather!!!
Take it they weren't local.

Back