• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Crack!

Plaicehunter

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
An eventful trip in my boat this morning as I somehow managed to snap 8" off the tip of my beloved HTO Nebula spinning rod. It doesn't owe me anything, as I've had it several years and it's had a lot of use and plenty of fish, but still a sad occasion. Hopefully I can source a new top section.
Out in Plymouth Sound a fast ebb tide and brisk east wind made for fast drifts.
Quite a lot was showing on the sounder, but all I managed on a set of small sabikis was one mackerel, three Cornish pilchards and an anchovy, all returned.
I kept hoping for signs of predators below the baitfish but without success.
Back to the Tamar on Sunday methinks! PH

An eventful trip in my boat this morning as I somehow managed to snap 8" off the tip of my beloved HTO Nebula spinning rod. It doesn't owe me anything, as I've had it several years and it's had a lot of use and plenty of fish, but still a sad occasion. Hopefully I can source a new top section.
Out in Plymouth Sound a fast ebb tide and brisk east wind made for fast drifts.
Quite a lot was showing on the sounder, but all I managed on a set of small sabikis was one mackerel, three Cornish pilchards and an anchovy, all returned.
I kept hoping for signs of predators below the baitfish but without success.
Back to the Tamar on Sunday methinks! PH
It is always a nuisance when a good friend gets injured!:cry:

Try Simon at Osborne and Cragg‘s, Bretonside, he is a HTO dealer and should be able to help. If he can’t, contact Prime Angling as I believe that is owned by George Cunningham, the man behind HTO.

Last edited:
Try Simon at Osborne and Cragg‘s, Bretonside, he is a HTO dealer and should be able to help. If he can’t, contact Prime Angling as I believe that is owned by George Cunningha, the man behind HTO.
Thanks for the advice! PH

Back