• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Crail shore fishing

Mkerley2811

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hi,

I’m going to Crail for a family holiday in February 2023. I’m looking to walk into somewhere rent afew rods, buy the recommended bait and go somewhere local on the shore and try catch something to take back to the family and cook. Iv only ever fished with friends who take it more seriously than I do.. Iv never reeled a fish in! Maybe some good advice in a location will help me catch and spark a new hobby! Im from Portsmouth, about as far south as it gets.. I’d appreciate any advice and help.

Matt from Portsmouth

I've never heard of anywhere hiring shore gear. Some charter boats do rod hire, and to be honest February up here can be pretty wild.

Have a look on you tube for Michael Bird, he does a few fishing videos in Fife, some from Anstruther piers.

Like Warby has said I think you are unlikely to be able to rent gear. I would ask your fishing mates to help you purchase some cheap gear to use and get you set up before you travel.

Welcome to the madhouse, hope your mates can help you with some gear for the holiday and you manage to catch.

I’d take a couple of films with you and forget the fishing until it’s a bit warmer! One day in February on the beach and you will be put off for life!

Welcome to the Asylum Matt!

Good luck with your trip to Crail - I had to google it to see where is is! I hope you've got a thermal suit to take with you! 👍👍

Welcome to the Asylum Matt!

Good luck with your trip to Crail - I had to google it to see where is is! I hope you've got a thermal suit to take with you! 👍👍
Across the water from me 😊
He's not been back on since the day he joined and posted the question 🤔

Across the water from me 😊
He's not been back on since the day he joined and posted the question 🤔
As I recently said on another thread, sadly often the case.

I think the talk of bestiality and suchlike might put some people off…🙄

I am not surprised, he must have come to his senses and realised where he was going!

Back