• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Curiosity fulfilled

Mushty

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Morning!
After hearing reports of Bass being caught down to the West and North Kent I was curious whether my “go to” Bass mark would fish? It is a bit early as mid May is usually the time they start to show in numbers but “he who dares Rodney” I thought!
So with a large spring LW at 8pm last night and a stiff westerly force 6-7 breeze there was a lot of surf running.
Got to the venue at 7pm and pumped my bait, (60 worms usually covers me for a 2.5hr session) I looked for the deep spots in the surf and set up 30yds down tide.
IMG_6639.jpeg
Opting to fish a long 2 hook loop rig with 5/0 hooks loaded with 2 fresh outs per hook out the first trace went, about 70yds into the hole!
5 mins into getting my 2nd rig ready I looked up to find my line on the sand!
After grabbing the rod and legging it up the beach I failed to make contact.
Optimism boosted I fished on, 2nd cast saw a couple of bites which resulted in a flounder and a basslet.

IMG_6640.jpegThis carried on in consecutive cast’s resulting in a further 3 basslets, 3 flounders and a whiting until a better bite produced a borderline 42cm bass which I returned.
Fishing was getting difficult as the flood tide increased and my last cast replied with a classic slack line bite which after a good tussle saw a nice 3.5lb bar of silver swim past me in the surf and slide up the sand.

IMG_6642.jpegPleased with the evening I thanked the venue and fish and walked off the beach at 9.30pm.

Great report Mushty, some lovely Bass too mate. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Thats fantastic to see in early April well done its very encouraging, I think you've given me the excuse i have been wanting to try my "Go To" spot. 3.5 is a nice little fish mate. Thanks for the report and best of luck for next time.

Nice report and great photos Mushty - well done mate! 🎣🎣👍👍

Back