• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

(Curiosity) "Go to rigs"

Gordon28

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Was sitting pondering the other night whilst building rigs what everyone else uses most. Gave me the idea of seeing what everyone considers their main "Go to" when out.
what would you say is your most used rigs?

Personally my most used rigs are Pulley rigs or 2 hook flappers.

Was sitting pondering the other night whilst building rigs what everyone else uses most. Gave me the idea of seeing what everyone considers their main "Go to" when out.
what would you say is your most used rigs?

Personally my most used rigs are Pulley rigs or 2 hook flappers.
Yep, me too. I know some question the hook up rate on pulleys but I’ve still had plenty of decent fish on them and they’re just so quick and easy to tie, with minimal components.

rotten bottom paternoster for rough kelp etc .. running most situations though or a pulley if need clipped down distance

2 hook clipped, which can always use as flappers. Single hook is up & over, easy to adjust hook length. Have made various types of rigs over the years, but have realised for where I fish this covers everything for me.

Last edited:
Not into many rigs myself.
Only use running ledger for fishing for bass, and mostly because of the main location used, but will do for others.
Just use what ever i have been given or picked up cheap or even baited feathers.

Semi fixed (moveable stop) pulley or pennell pulley.
Only thing I could think of from that hint/description on making it work is a sliding stop on weight side of the pulley bead to lock the snood unless a fish is on the other end then it would slip with pressure as normal? If so that’s pretty clever

interesting thread..... over 60% of my fish came to loops last year.... the extra range from clipping down allowed for beads etc. I guess an up n over clipped is a running ledger dont think i have had cause to use a pulley for a few years now.
Making a good clipped down rig gives you more options than a flapper rig imo.

Only thing I could think of from that hint/description on making it work is a sliding stop on weight side of the pulley bead to lock the snood unless a fish is on the other end then it would slip with pressure as normal? If so that’s pretty clever

Hiya Gordon,
Bang on there mate.
I use 8 or 10 turns of telephone wire for my stop.
Rick?

Back