• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East DAA Members League Match. 25th October 2020. Im Shattered!!

Shirleycodlin

I am the god of hell fire
Staff member
Reaction score
Soooo soooo soooo tired!
Up at 4:30am when Jax got up for work. Clean the house then out to the workshop to re-spool reels and tie up a few rigs.
10:30am and I am at the gate to the EA Road at Dungeness waiting for the rest of the match crew to arrive.
In the piddling rain 12 of us socially distancing ourselves gathered and booked in for the match.

Most opted to fish near to the boats but myself and Trevor headed off to the point. After I had carried across the fishing tackle of one of our DAA Veterans!

A steady wind of around 20mph blew from over my right shoulder in an off shore direction later backing to straight along the beach.
It took me about half an hour to catch a sizeable fish and it looked like a day of flat out speed fishing (my worst nightmare!) and so it proved to be.
I have never fished so hard in order to catch 'rubbish' fish.
4 hours after the match had started it was time for the final whistle. I had well over 100 fish with only 22 that were sizeable!
Back at the cars and most anglers were stood around chatting.
I asked where the DAA Vets were who had fished the match, to be told 'still on the beach'.
My response: 'And none of you thought to help them back to the cars?'
All I can say is, unfortunately, some of our members are ar*eholes. It spoilt what was actually a good match with a good turn out.

I can not wait for the next one though!

1st Gavin Smith, 36 fish, 692 points.

2nd Shane Edwards, 20 fish, 535 points.

3rd Alex Whittlesea, 22 fish, 438 points.

4th Michael Ferrier, 21 fish, 370 points.

5th Louis Clarke, 18 fish, 352 points, HF Pout 36cm.

6th Lewis Clarke, 22 fish, 344 points.

7th Steve Harvey, 15 fish, 308 points.

8th Steve Foster, 14 fish, 304 points.

9th John Smith, 11 fish, 296 points.

10th Colm Brennan, 14 fish, 278 points.

11th Mick Lewis, 9 fish, 178 points.

12th Trevor Loveridge, 6 fish, 117 points.

Full League positions will be posted when I receive them.

Fair play for helping the older guys out mate shame the others didn’t follow suit bud

Fair play for helping the older guys out mate shame the others didn’t follow suit bud

I am livid.
Took a lot of will power not to kick off, and I am a very very placid laid back person.

No need for that tho mate I’ve always asked older guys if they need a hand in comps just cause it’s the right thing to do and they may pass a trick or two on where did you finish in the end bud ?

No need for that tho mate I’ve always asked older guys if they need a hand in comps just cause it’s the right thing to do and they may pass a trick or two on where did you finish in the end bud ?
Agree completely.
3rd.
My birth certificate says Alex, but everyone knows me as Shirley due to my lovely long flowing curly hair!

Agree with Tat, well done on helping the vets out, don't the other guys, realise their be old one day and will be thankful of a helping hand.
Shame the match wasn't as great as you hoped, def hard work pulling loads a small stuff out just hoping one will be sizable.
Oh Tat as you like helping us oldies out, don't forget the wet wipes next time we meet up??

Back