• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Daiwa Sleepskin Thermal Layer

wingnut55

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
As title, thinking of getting these, any users on here have them, and are they any good ?. And what are sizes like please. (y)

Ian.

Christ that’s snazzy! Could wear that on a night out down Swansea
The 300g arctic extreme I've got is like wearing a sleeping bag. No good if you've got a long walk as you get too hot. But if you've got a short walk it'll keep you warm in anything the British weather can throw at you.
Designed for diving on the arctic oil rigs.

£185, I am not made of money you know.. 🤣

Ian.
There are plenty of alternatives available online. But these diving undersuits are really good at keeping the cold out. I'm surprised more anglers aren't aware of them.
I managed to get a bunch of these otter ones at an extremely reasonable price when I had my tackle shop. They didn't hang around long.
I still have mine from over 10 years ago. I only use it in the coldest conditions. But I may take it with me this weekend. Sitting on the prom by the Mersey for 8 hours in 3°, I think I'll be grateful for it...

As title, thinking of getting these, any users on here have them, and are they any good ?. And what are sizes like please. (y)

Ian.
Sizing is on the slightly large side, apart from the collar about choking the life out of you, oh and if you like the waistband of the trousers coming up to the underside of your armpits, I have had bib and brace that sit lower down

Sizing is on the slightly large side, apart from the collar about choking the life out of you, oh and if you like the waistband of the trousers coming up to the underside of your armpits, I have had bib and brace that sit lower down
Thanks for that, I just don't get the sizing, I have several pairs of Bib n braces, Daiwa SAS, Imax etc, the Daiwa SAS ones are in a small, and fit lovely, my partner Karen has them in extra small, but the Imax are in a medium and fit nicely, so why don't Daiwa do a small in the Sleepskins ?

Ian.

Back