• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Dave Barham DB2 Beach Casters

Timbc2

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Does anyone know who manufactures the blanks for the DB2 beach caster?

Is it the same blank as the Ron Thompson Axellerator?

I've seen it written that they are similar but I've not seen it written anywhere that they are the same blank. I think someone might believe they are but are they mistaken?

So what is the deal with these DB2 rods then? what do people know about them?

Tried to buy a pair when prices dropped to the "deep discount" discontinued list. The idea was to split the pair between my mate and I as backup to the Axes that we've only ever cast in anger across grass, just to see for myself, but in the end they reneged so I can't say for sure. Rumours still abound!

Does anyone know who manufactures the blanks for the DB2 beach caster?

Is it the same blank as the Ron Thompson Axellerator?

I've seen it written that they are similar but I've not seen it written anywhere that they are the same blank. I think someone might believe they are but are they mistaken?

So what is the deal with these DB2 rods then? what do people know about them?
An early version of the DB4 I reckons - sorry couldn't resist.

Wow, really? I'd be surprised by that given the cost of them. That's very interesting Mike, cheers.
Yeahhhh I think I'm mixed up with the old channel special which was a century blank

Channel Special was a Century blank, produced by Century for Veals in Bristol for Steve Ace.

Update: It's a Tronix blank and based on a Leeda Icon M Power with tweaks to the tip and butt.
Have a pair of Icon Powers up for grabs soon Mint apart from one needing an eye as ring tapped granite on Dover Arm which chipped liner so Friend cut ring off they've been sitting in his room since only used twice hes not sea fishing really anymore so clearing gear for him soon

Back