• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Demons and angels in one session

Superb report Fishy old mate! When I read the Dan Brownesque title I was almost expecting demonic possession but instead I got magic tricks and rabbits pulled out of hats. The only thing that could have possibly made the report any better would have been naked women lying on the alter ready for sacrifice! (With pictures of course!)

I’ll settle for the bass photographs though, as they are almost as beautiful and it took a bit of magic to get them out!

Fantastic results mate! Well done and really enjoyed the report.
I spent longer looking for the naked women than I did for the bait elastic, but it must have been too cold for them last night ?

Great result again. How did we manage before bait elastic?
God knows! I used to try cotton and had some elastic yarn, but that was pretty crap and too thick.

Seem to recall a lot of baits coming back hanging in a lump on the bend of the hook, no matter how careful I was…

God knows! I used to try cotton and had some elastic yarn, but that was pretty crap and too thick.

Seem to recall a lot of baits coming back hanging in a lump on the bend of the hook, no matter how careful I was…
yep that shirring elastic was thick but better than nothing. We used to use trebles for crab baits, pushed through and clipped or looped on.

Your smashing atm bey cracking sesh ma Bute
Cheers mate, yep it was really fizzing last night.
And still don’t think I got the best of it as dropped one decent fish and a lot of time was wasted unhooking dogs etc.

Definitely not a good night for Chris to get the runs!

yep that shirring elastic was thick but better than nothing. We used to use trebles for crab baits, pushed through and clipped or looped on.
I used to do a half hitch in the line around the tail of sandeels, but they still ended up sagging off the two hooks.
Did it with squid as I recall as well.

With softer bait like bluey you’d have no chance.

Must admit I’m not too keen about putting elastic in the sea, but I always cut old baits up and strip the elastic off so birds etc don’t eat it

I used to do a half hitch in the line around the tail of sandeels, but they still ended up sagging off the two hooks.
Did it with squid as I recall as well.

With softer bait like bluey you’d have no chance.

Must admit I’m not too keen about putting elastic in the sea, but I always cut old baits up and strip the elastic off so birds etc don’t eat it
I think it rots quick enough, or some of it does anyway. A few times i ha\/e picked up rolls that I ha\/e left co\/erd in bait juice and they ha\/e just disintergrated

I think it rots quick enough, or some of it does anyway. A few times i ha\/e picked up rolls that I ha\/e left co\/erd in bait juice and they ha\/e just disintergrated
That’s true, I’ve had a few of those!

My main concern is birds or fish eating it, or foxes, so I always cut it into bits after taking off the hook, and strip it off bigger baits such as a half bluey

Cheers mate, yep it was really fizzing last night.
And still don’t think I got the best of it as dropped one decent fish and a lot of time was wasted unhooking dogs etc.

Definitely not a good night for Chris to get the runs!
Only thing dropper was dropping last night was his bowels ??????

Back