• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Diawa 7HT help

ouchthathurt

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Evening all,

quick bit of guidance needed, I’ve just brought a pair of Diawa 7ht millionaire multipliers (the black ones) and it has the setting dial on the side, I’ve got them set on 5 at the minute, (middle of the road!) but which way reduces braking and which way increases braking? Is 1 least and 9 most? Best to check before taking them out for their first outing!
Thanks all.

Evening all,

quick bit of guidance needed, I’ve just brought a pair of Diawa 7ht millionaire multipliers (the black ones) and it has the setting dial on the side, I’ve got them set on 5 at the minute, (middle of the road!) but which way reduces braking and which way increases braking? Is 1 least and 9 most? Best to check before taking them out for their first outing!
Thanks all.
Just a bit further info, the dial knob on the end of the 7ht black isn't actually a braking system as it is with the Mag reels. By dialing the knob up what it actually does is screw the knob on a little further. Inside the knob are copper plates that press against the spool spindle end, and the friction that this causes then creates a breaking effect as the spindle rotates, hopefully preventing over-runs.

There is another knob at the other end so make sure you centre the spool first by adjusting that knob before you then gently do the graduated knob tighter, until the spool starts to feel resistance when spun in freespool, then back it off until you find a tension that works for you.

That’s awesome, thanks mate. I’ve centred the spools and your explanation makes sense! I got them from my local tackle dealer, ex window display models without boxes or schematics! I paid £100ea so I’m not complaining. They’re spooled with braid that’s the same diameter as 4lb mono, so that’s coming off for some good old mono and hopefully hit the beach in a day or two for their first outing, just waiting for the new rods to arrive and I’ll be out fishing.

That’s awesome, thanks mate. I’ve centred the spools and your explanation makes sense! I got them from my local tackle dealer, ex window display models without boxes or schematics! I paid £100ea so I’m not complaining. They’re spooled with braid that’s the same diameter as 4lb mono, so that’s coming off for some good old mono and hopefully hit the beach in a day or two for their first outing, just waiting for the new rods to arrive and I’ll be out fishing.
Sounds like a good deal. I’ve got 7ht reels and then last year I splashed out on a couple of 7ht mags too, but I don’t like them as much as the black reels so I have gone back to them.

Great reels in my opinion.

I’m glad you rate them, I’ve not used them before, I’ve used Abu 6500 rocket ct’s and penn 515 mags, I loved them, but I’ve not used the Diawa multis before, they seem to be solid little reels, the rods are due tomorrow, so I’m gonna pump some lug tomorrow morning. Thanks again pal. Much appreciated.

Well I hit the beach for the first time in 4yrs, just a quick 3.5hr session over high water. There was a blustery crosswind which was steadily increasing, so I set the setting at 8 and had a few practice casts, the rods/reels behaved impeccably, I had to change from 4oz grippers to 6oz grippers as the leads were tripping out, it turned out to be a blank, a few rattles that I failed to connect, but to be honest, after 4yrs away, it was good to just be out! One thing though, I need power handles!

Back