• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Difference between M-Sport and M-Sport Elite

Wattsy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
What is the actual difference between the Icon M-Sport and the M-Sport Elite? www.iconfishing.co.uk just says it's a more refined blank and a choice of reel fittings but it doesn't suggest what the actual difference is. I've confused the hell out of myself looking in the various online retailers and trying to work out what model they're stocking, whether it's a Mk II or a Mk III or what!

Think the Elite is the Easy Packdown/Recyclable Green rods?
Head there with a Three piece then head home with four or more pieces neatly deposited in a local dustbin then use the bag to wipe windows of Car!

All i know is "Snapping" on a Beach near you Soon! @bacon and some others have felt the power of them!:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Haha.... I haven't had either of the rods in the OP, but I did have the 3 piece Leeda icon FXD Super Sports, which I returned to VMO after hearing of so many snapping off the tips, some had them replaced with 3 piece FXD Elite Super Sports, but I declined this offer and have since heard of many of those snapping also....

I had the mk 2 M Sports, these were the ones after the originals witht he built in reducer, good rods but poor guides, have had the 'Elite Powers' since they were released a few years back, nice rods, much better guides (fuji's) glass tips etc, hauled out many ray with them and still do ! the new mk 3's are all carbon and are rung with Seaguides.
You hear stories about the Elite 's snapping but , to be honest, i've had no trouble whatsoever and mine have been abused more than any of my other rods, just get yourself one and make up your own mind.

Back