• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Different lure

jambop

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Anybody using lures from this guy? I have watched a number of his youtube vids and he hauls up some huge bass with them. Does a lot of fishing off Portugal

well known lures mate some colours are bit dodgy but stick with sea colours whites and blues and they will work

well known lures mate some colours are bit dodgy but stick with sea colours whites and blues and they will work

I had never seen lure that were such an odd design before. It looks like he has taken polypropylene rod and sheet to make them although it is probably some other sort of hi tech material. Whatever it sort of proves what I am sure that most bass anglers know a lure does not need to resemble a fish... never seen many square fish before :ROFLMAO: he does catch some whoppers though. I think I may try one of the tweak baits and maybe an enticer. Never seen anything like that on Ali E :ROFLMAO:

Lot of them look like US striper plugs and they can be bought relatively cheap. You can get them in wood or plastic as well but the hardware is pretty tacky.

Yes I had a look on the internet and it is available in a range of diameters and not very expensive either. If you were any sort of engineer at all you could knock these lures out easily... would need a wee lathe though. I had thought about getting some then thought about the cost of the extras required and went off the idea... But there is something about catching fish on homemade stuff that has always pleased me. I always tied my own flies and experimented with fly patterns... great when you find something that works.

had a couple of them samson lures with them being small and compact & dense they cast big distances they are made out of ( delrin ) can get it in rod or sheet form very hard material we used it for guides on Machines
Very interesting post Mr Grinner - I need to make some new guides for an old Bandsaw. Is it available in 3-4mm square rod anywhere, and how easy is it to cut, work etc.? I've found some on eBay but it is all round bar or thick flat sheets/blocks.

should be a few places online you could get it from you looking for something like this work with it fairly easy drill or cut with hacksaw
Thanks Mate - will go take a butchers! ??

EDIT: Good website, but they are in Michigan! Shipping costs could be an issue!

Think I'll have to put that on the back burner! After an hour of searching, everyone seems to have Delrin or Acetol round bar or sheet, but no 3mm square, and a lot of the sheets that I could cut down are 1 metre square! 300mm of 3x3mm would give me enough for 2 sets of guides! ??

Back