• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Dinner and Bait Sorted.

Neilos

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
West Bexington was hot....very hot yesterday. Sun was bright and the water gin clear ..never seen it so clear. You could see small flatfish swimming around and whitebait shoals.
But the target was mackerel...had no bait whatsoever and no dinner either and a few decent ones would do for both.
4th cast on the fluff produced the first mackerel...a decent size around 30 cm...then over the next few casts another 5 or 6 came in...all decent sizes bar one which was to be fish food (crab actually). Used the big SK4 16ft to get some distance with a 6oz lead. The fish were quite far out and most others caught nothing....needed to get a good 100 plus yards out.
Bloody hot day but the girlfriend enjoyed sunbathing while I fished! Magic.
Today I'll try and catch some proper fish...could see bass hunting around the surface but they didn't seem interested on any of my lures.IMG-20210721-WA0000.jpg

Attachments

• 20210721_190602.jpg
    20210721_190602.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Nice catch, well done (y) (y), I bet it was bloody boiling on the beach yesterday, but a Mackerel supper would have tasted nice there.

Nice to see some chesil maks they have been playing hard to get!
Was back for a few hours today before back home. Just the two but they were beauties! Both around 14 inches long and fat!
Was using Fladen pre tied feather rigs...what a bunch of shite! The knots are crap...lost three 6oz weights and the attached feather rigs. Not crack offs....just the knot coming undone. Total junk and a pain to re-tie the knots at each end. Won't be buying them again.
Did a wee bit of lure fishing as well but no joy.
Anyway....was a fantastic couple of days and really good to be out again.
Oh...and Dorset is still my favourite place in the world.....one day it'll happen........?
Neil

Back