• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Dogfest in bristol channel.

mojitojon79

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
A few of us went out yesterday on Lorne doone out of watchet. We left harbour at 6am and cruised to one of Tommo's favourite spots for rays. Fishing a mix of bluey and squid the 8 of bagged 0 rays. We had a few dogfish and some cold fingers. Next spot saw us targeting bull huss, a cpl of the downtiding boys pulled up 3 bull huss between them. All on the smaller size but welcome a respite from the plague of doggies we uptiders were hauling up. 2 smooth hounds added to the fun and a cpl of conger eels showed their heads but on the whole dog fish ruled the day. I forgot to charge my phone so don't have any pictures, but as we only really caught doggies I didn't cry too much. I saw tommo posted a picture of one of the hounds on his Facebook site. Heritage charters

Great report Jon. I've seen Lorna Doone & Tommo on Graeme's TAF Youtube channel - fabulous boat, and Tommo is a good skipper. 🎣🎣👍👍

Yeah it was great day out. Tommo is a legend. Makes a great of tea. Works hard to put you on the fish. Is very knowledgeable so answers any questions. It's great value too . We paid £60 each, for 8 of us fishing 8hrs with £80 worth of blury and squid. It also christened my new rod and reel so when I go wrecking out of Plymouth next week I don't have a virgin rod causing bad luck 😅

Dogfish can be a pain at Minehead. One trip after having about 25 I sussed out out to stop them. Whole mackerel, everyone else was still catching them but I didn’t. Mind you, didn’t catch anything on the whole mackerel either, but it was worth the dogfish respite 🤣.

Dogfish can be a pain at Minehead. One trip after having about 25 I sussed out out to stop them. Whole mackerel, everyone else was still catching them but I didn’t. Mind you, didn’t catch anything on the whole mackerel either, but it was worth the dogfish respite 🤣.
That's genius.

Back