• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Dongle clip

meirion658

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Morning all

Simple questions any one use the clips on the end of the dongle or just use a tied loop 🤔 .

Just think would the metal clip distract the fish etc

Cheers

Depends on the length of the leader.

on my braid dongles (250 lb bs) I use a 8mm diameter split ring - this thornie was caught on such a rig this week by myself; they do not put off the fish :) I have had braid dongles with no split rings and just a loop stick on the bait clip in the past

on a nylon dongle i simply fold the nylon (40lb asso) back into a crimp and form a small loop as this comes off a bait clip no problem

Attachments

• dongle braid.jpg
    dongle braid.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0006a.jpg
    DSC_0006a.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 14
Have a look in the Fishing Youtube videos section Meirion. Billy Fishing is a bit of a master when it comes to Dingle Dangle rigs.

The last one I saw him using, he was using worm baits for flatfish, so had a small hook on the end of the dangle with the point & barb removed.
Put yer worms on a baiting needle, put the end of the small hook in the recess at the end of the bait needle, and you can slide the worms around the bend and up the Dangle. Hook the top of the worm over the main hook to stop it sliding back.
Here you go - watch from 4mins in if you dont want to watch the whole video.

on my braid dongles (250 lb bs) I use a 8mm diameter split ring - this thornie was caught on such a rig this week by myself; they do not put off the fish :) I have had braid dongles with no split rings and just a loop stick on the bait clip in the past

on a nylon dongle i simply fold the nylon (40lb asso) back into a crimp and form a small loop as this comes off a bait clip no problem

Have you gone on Holibobs Kev? !! Was going to have a look at your latest offerings!

1717849025827.png

Have you gone on Holibobs Kev? !! Was going to have a look at your latest offerings!

View attachment 65254
yes bud - having a few days off fishing and catching up on all the DIY stuff I should have done last year, will let you know when i reopen (y)

yes bud - having a few days off fishing and catching up on all the DIY stuff I should have done last year, will let you know when i reopen (y)
No problem bud - I was reminded by this thread I was gonna look and update this old git what is on offer! 😂😂

Back