• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Dungeness - 18/10/20

Jimmyfloydreturns

Reaction score
Good afternoon fine Sirs,

My first report in this forum since the FUBAR upgrade on WSF :p

So the plan this weekend was a session behind the boats at Dungie. I wasn’t confident due to the calm weather and bright sunshine, but on the plus side it was a big tide.

Managed to dig some nice bait yesterday, hard going this time of year but worth it - bass love fresh blow lug!

19EBF72C-7D51-4A53-B89D-F131A255693E.jpeg

Upon arriving it was pretty busy despite the poor conditions so it was a long slog to find some space.

CC602D25-804D-4A42-84C6-22BC5EA1D31E.jpeg

Two rods out, Wessex rig close in and a clipped down pennel at distance.

93C9EF12-3368-41F8-90F1-9D12EA640A87.jpeg

As you can see bright sunshine, no surf and clear water - not good conditions at Dungie in my experience! However the tide started ripping through and with it the obligatory pin Whiting were getting caught by everyone.

About an hour before high the tide really picked and fixed wire grip leads were needed on the distance rod. Landed a nice schoolie, took a pic on my flowery chair - Micks famed red chair has some competition now ;)

F8D55AAB-E88C-4612-A948-BB7B10007B31.jpeg

Hour after high a really positive bite resulted in this lovely bass:

D44A1029-E591-4A63-8B84-8E2FA03FF9F4.jpeg

At 45cm this one came home with me and is going to make a delicious dinner for wifey and I:

42D26B5F-6F9A-487B-A684-85D9F2C180A0.jpeg

After that bites dried up and we called it a day two hours after high. All fish at range, nothing close in which is unsurprising given the clear water.

All in all a nice day - weather great, loads of wildlife (porpoise, grebes, seal) and a lovely bass to boot.

Cheers,

Robert

Well done Robert, you did well to get your target species in those conditions.
Im glad I took the Juniors to Littlestone today, would have been too much tide on the 'ness' for them.

Well done on the bass and the nice report, Dungie is always a nice place to fish whether you are bagging up or not.

Great stuff mate! Good to see you catch in those conditions at that venue. Put in the hours and you get rewarded with a great catch and feed. Top marks

Never met mick, but I know about the chair!!!!!. He now has some tough competition, top angling and top chair .
Tight lines all.

Back