• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East dungeness point

Cliqueyfish

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Last night, 3rd Oct, my old dad (Chinese Al as he is known) my brother and I, made the silly call to fish dungeness point over low. Stocked up on chips we were good to go. Lovely colour and tide movement on the ebb which evoked memories of the long gone days of piggy fishing down there.
The tide didn't really go out as far as expected... You can guess the result so all I'll say is it was nice to see the big red moon come m up over the horizon.

Luckily got back to the car just as it whizzed down.

Maybe next year... ?
Dan

lucky you got the see the big red moon, better luck on the fishing next time your out, tight lines mate

I was at Dungie yesterday, had hopes as big tides and recent stormy weather. However it was crap - tide wasn’t anywhere near as big as expected, it was bright sunshine and even though there was a swell and the water was coloured I caught nothing but tiny whiting.

it’s been a pants six months fishing for me to be honest!

Got to say I’ve given up on Dungy. I’m sure the sole and bass are there but there are just far too many ting and dogs to get through, day and night time. Fishing last few weeks around Seaford and Brighton beaches has resulted in a few sole, plaice, straps, silvers, bream, smoothie pups, mackerel and schoolies. Nothing monstrous but a few keepers and very few ting and dogs. Shallower water seems to help keep the nuisance fish at manageable proportions.

Got to say I’ve given up on Dungy. I’m sure the sole and bass are there but there are just far too many ting and dogs to get through, day and night time. Fishing last few weeks around Seaford and Brighton beaches has resulted in a few sole, plaice, straps, silvers, bream, smoothie pups, mackerel and schoolies. Nothing monstrous but a few keepers and very few ting and dogs. Shallower water seems to help keep the nuisance fish at manageable proportions.
Without the cod, the hallowed grounds are a shadow of what they once were.

Without the cod, the hallowed grounds are a shadow of what they once were.
I only got back into sea fishing in 2012, basically I hadn’t done it since I was a kid about 20 years prior. I used to get so excited about the winter sessions there and my last and most memorable was in 2014 when I landed 3 codling in succession. Since then agree it’s gone downhill, and I will only make the 1 hour journey now to fish into a direct storm in bass season. Still such a magic place to visit. Maybe one day it will become the hallowed grounds again. Always the optimist

I only got back into sea fishing in 2012, basically I hadn’t done it since I was a kid about 20 years prior. I used to get so excited about the winter sessions there and my last and most memorable was in 2014 when I landed 3 codling in succession. Since then agree it’s gone downhill, and I will only make the 1 hour journey now to fish into a direct storm in bass season. Still such a magic place to visit. Maybe one day it will become the hallowed grounds again. Always the optimist

See I’m an idiot and just keep driving that 65 minutes to Dungeness as I love it there. Done terribly the last three sessions but I’m going back tomorrow and still have that surge of excited hope - keep an eye out for a catch report (or lack of one!).

I think I need to take a leaf out of your book mate and fish local. I live Sittingbourne way and dig bait at Seasalter, grew up in Whitstable and have had some good sessions there.

Back