• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Elphinstone car park fishing

Merlin 335

Reaction score
I writing this report up for a mate who is completely computer illiterate! Neil popped down for 2 hours to Elphinstone car park in Plymouth for a quick session around 1pm this afternoon. It was one of the venues that we looked to fish last week before deciding on Wilcove pier. So this was the first session he had had at the venue.
IMG_20220915_19533012.jpgIMG_20220915_19510748.jpg
He had a big rod cast out with worm on a 2 hook flapper and a spinning rod down the side for mini species. After 5 minutes of being there, the spinning rod had a nice bite and he reeled in a corkwing wrasse.
IMG_20220915_19535457.jpg

about 10 minutes later the same rod gave another good bite and he reeled in a goldsinny wrasse (I'll take his word for this, as I've never seen this fish before to id!IMG-20220915-WA0000.jpg

A short while later he then brought in a (in his words) a "monster blenny could be a UK record!"
IMG-20220915-WA0001.jpg

With having no point of reference, I'll have to take his word! He had numerous bites for the rest of the session, but didn't hook into anything. He said the the big rod that had been casted out far ( as he's not a very good caster, that was probably 50 yards!), did not have a single bite.

All in all, Neil said he had a great time catching mini's

Last edited:
Great report on behalf of your mate Gareth - well done! ????

Back