• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Evening dog walk

OCTOSPUD

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Took the rod with me when we walked the dogs on the beach yesterday evening, I clipped on a 40g metal as I wanted to get past the swell which had quite a bit of weed in it, after half a dozen cast’s I got a schoolie, three cast’s later the rod was nearly ripped out of my hands but the culprit managed to dodge the hook, another couple of cast’s and I’m in again for a couple of seconds before there’s a sharp pull on the line and everything goes slack.
I started to tie another lure on when sammy pops his greedy head up ?.
Tried fishing for another half hour but he had killed it, at least my hunch was proved right and endorsed by sammy.
D6100B2A-5C6D-424C-BA61-A3E4DE7AF95D.jpegA813C782-FCA9-4A8A-B229-AB7427E13D03.jpeg
The missus videos sammy while I tied on another lure, she sent me this snapshot.
There was a dead gannet and a dead herring gull on the beach, the missus reported it to defra.
Hopefully trying criccieth beach this evening as I want some mackerel.

Always fun on the lures well done

Nice one mate ,at least you didn't catch the seal, would have been difficult to unhook, good piccys and write up ???

Back