• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Failed first lure session

Flipper

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
The simple report is we blanked! Tried a south coast mark at dawn, where we have had success on later in the year, between three of us trying surface, metals and soft plastics we had not a touch. We did see a nice sea trout jump about 40 yards offshore and a massive seal come to see what we were doing and laugh at our efforts. Water was cold and had that horrible green algae bloom look?‍♂️?‍♂️ No sign of baitfish at all.

Still good to get out, nice to try my new rod and enjoy the best time of day.

The simple report is we blanked! Tried a south coast mark at dawn, where we have had success on later in the year, between three of us trying surface, metals and soft plastics we had not a touch. We did see a nice sea trout jump about 40 yards offshore and a massive seal come to see what we were doing and laugh at our efforts. Water was cold and had that horrible green algae bloom look?‍♂️?‍♂️ No sign of baitfish at all.

Won't be long now mate,sandeels are showing here. An experienced lure angler mate of mine has been five times and blanked but did have some follows.keep at it!

Unlucky bud maybe stick to bait instead of flicking sex toys about me andsome ??

South coast where ive been is rotten with mayrot, this in the last 3 years has killed it stone dead , i have a suspicion it interferes with baitfish breathing so they move offshore out of coastal rot

Shame about the blank bud, but I’d rather blank on the shore than fester on the sofa! Still, things may be looking up, the jet stream is supposed to move north to pass above the UK (where it should be this time of year) so we should see some dryer more settled weather soon.

Back