• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Fat tyre electric bike for Chesil.

Seen them used on some fishing videos on sandy beaches in Spain, not sure about the loose shingle at Chesil, but, a cracking idea👏🏻👏🏻

Think it would be fine at west bexington west to hive along the low tide line or the path at the back of the beach both those areas pretty compacted. The footpath along the back from Cogden towards bexington would be no worries.

How you going to carry all your tackle and safely ride that over dodgy shingle/pebbles, i take it at minimum 2 rods a rod rest and bag of tackle.

How you going to carry all your tackle and safely ride that over dodgy shingle/pebbles, i take it at minimum 2 rods a rod rest and bag of tackle.
I don't know that was the question l was asking!

I already have a mountain bike that l can carry all you have mentioned plus a third rod and a brolly! The cross bar was later fitted with 2 tubes that the rods went into and the rest was cable tied to. The tubes smoothly caress your inner thigh as you pedal!
20200604_162317.jpg
I have been riding motorbikes for 47 years so l do have some skills! This is a current one that can carry (on the road) the same as the mountain bike.
20210729_102403.jpg
This one (now sold) would get to the beach as you can see.
20191216_194549.jpg

Fat tyres and electric power sounds good, if it works, on shingle.

I've seen deliveroo riders in Londonistaan riding them. They're bloody quick and with those giant tyres great for a beach but I think they're prodigiously expensive.

I don't know that was the question l was asking!

I already have a mountain bike that l can carry all you have mentioned plus a third rod and a brolly! The cross bar was later fitted with 2 tubes that the rods went into and the rest was cable tied to. The tubes smoothly caress your inner thigh as you pedal!
View attachment 47876
I have been riding motorbikes for 47 years so l do have some skills! This is a current one that can carry (on the road) the same as the mountain bike.
View attachment 47873
This one (now sold) would get to the beach as you can see.
View attachment 47875

Fat tyres and electric power sounds good, if it works, on shingle.
(y)(y)It was not your question, just the op commenting on bike for Chesil, so i took it that it was to be used for getting to location to fish.

I do myself "had" motorbike skills as having motorbikes from the the age of 11 riding on rough ground and doing trial sections, and also push bike.
I also know how hard it is to ride a cycle over rough ground, that is why i asked, and you have answered (y)(y)

My old DT175 went well from the Ferrybridge end but was lethal from Bexi. You have to go pretty quick to stay upright.
But I do think it would work a treat going in from Hive as long as the tides half way and not at HW.
I am standing outside my office in london looking at two Lime electric bikes working out where to cut them to turn them in to a chariot.

Perfect mate... 🤣 🤣

Ian.

Back