• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Favourite Sea Fishing Rod?

Beach

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Which fishing rod/s you prefer to use?

Vertix Jack 4.5m Conti rod. Had a bargain - RRP is £299 & I got it for under £60. Fuji rings & reel seat. Casts like a dream. Shame Grauvell have gone bust, I might have bought another.
Grauvell-Vertix-JackL.jpg

afaw 6 and bait...century formula nd kompressor for heavy stuff ..
4lbs fox spod rod great with fixed spool and braid for bass work ..
3lbs century ng carp rod for when theres hardly any weed around had smoothies on it great fight .
cheapi telescopic for spinning cost £8 had it for years loads of bass and macki on it

My favourite rod has to be my little 9ft 20-50g Penn spinning rod (black/red/white, can't remember which one it is) I use it for fishing lures and also for alot of my boat fishing (drifting and uptiding) It also comes in handy for light bait fishing and wrass fishing. Can't praise it enough for what it is and how cheap it was (£40).

Used to worship zziplex rods ,but I'm dedicated to century rods now ,my perfect rod is the t800 covers most if not all my south coast fishing and if I decide to go light then it's the tt lite 13footer ,I use a j-curve along side the t800 and when its rough and deep then the komppresser ss comes out to play ,,I do have a soft spot for conoflex and Harrison rods

My Favourite rod is one of my oldest, back in mid-90's when uptiding locally was relatively new, a guy Alan Smith had a shop in my village in South Wales and had some blanks from ABU that they wanted testing for BC uptiding, he made me one up (10ft) and sold it to me at a knock down rate providing I gave some feedback. It's my first go-to uptide rod today and only recently been rewhipped for braid.
It was rumoured to be the predecessor for Sauveron , so if it was then I’d like to think I was part of the development for what turned out to be a cracking uptide rod.

Abu uptide.JPGAbu uptide 2.JPG

When I had a open fishing boat back in the 70's used to uptide with Abu Atlantic zoom rods with a speed lock reel fitting matched with a Abu 5000 multi. Was great for bass, bream, codling, pollock etc. Also used live prawns, squid and fillet of mackerel as well as lug. Still have the rod but needs a new bottom eye.

Last edited:
When I had a open fishing boat back in the 70's used to uptide with Abu Atlantic zoom rods with a speed lock reel fitting matched with a Abu 5000 multi. Was great for bass, bream, codling, pollock etc. Also used live prawns, squid and fillet of mackerel as well as lug. Still have the rod but needs a new bottom eye.
Might have to nick a s/steel eye off my old Abu 464 beach caster.

Hahaha! Grinner & me had similar ideas - he was typing whilst I was off checking! ???

Back