• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

N. Ireland Fedstar

Well chaps long time no see.

So me and the nephew rented an apartment out for four days there last week on the Antrim coast. Got down and settled an then hit a beach we have both fished many a time.
Not expecting much but both glad to be away from the rat-race, two very happy dudes set about casting some baits at the water in the wind an rain. Our Darren was first to catch with a small but chunky Flounder, me in next with a Coaly so small you could have stuck it through somebody's letter box lol.
The night wore on with not much to right home about.
So I'm up slabbering at our Darren when the next thing ye know, he has a lot of slack line. Darren takes up the slack an I head to the shore line to help land the fish if needed. As I watch Darren's yellow mono lit up in the beam of my headlight, the line rockets away to the left an our Darren now knows it's something rather tasty on his pennel. At last I get a brief look at the fish through the surf an I see quite t a big bar of silver!

Now up to this point I'm thinking Bass, my words of wisdom to Darren at this point in time are " get that feking in" lol. Darren lands the fish by running backwards up the beach and shouts what is it Mark?

Convinced it's still a Bass I reply what the fek do think it is? But low and behold it's not a Bass 😭 it's a fekin hearty White Trout ye ha!

Quicky unhooked, into the sling and it' weighs in at 4.8lbs an absolute cracker of a Sea Trout....... She is skinny with still some roe dripping out, what weight would she have been if not spent🤪

The rest of the trip was uneventful after that though we fished hard at other spots an never gave up hope, we both knew that that fish was hard te beat 👍

Great to get away for a few days an our Darren's been fishing with me now over 25 years, we really do get on well lol.

I have some crappy photos I will try an stick on maybe later.

All the best lads 😎

Mark ..

Last edited:
What an awesome catch, top marks👏🏻

The beach looks stunning, might have to add that corner of Ireland to my dream holiday area.

Pics😎

Attachments

• IMG-20230327-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20230327-WA0011.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-20230327-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20230327-WA0013.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-20230228-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20230228-WA0007.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG-20230228-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230228-WA0002.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-20230228-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230228-WA0003.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 33
Just seen this. Great report and pics mate, lovely Sea Trout as well. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Thanks chaps for the kind words👍

I have passed your sentiments on to our Darren an he says the same as me.

Ta very much 😎

Mark...

Back