• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Ferrybridge end.

squidword

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Had two trips down the east end this week. First trip was very slow, just 4 bites, bream, trigger and a wrasse around 2lb. Lost another trigger due to a hook pull. Second trip was a long session yesterday got set up around 9am and straight into codling, I managed 4 and my nephew 1 over the morning high, I also bumped 2 off in the swell, was only using small hooks as chance of bream. The low water period was slow with just a handful of bream and 2 decent tubs, so had a few hours shut eye. My nephew carried on and managed another 3 codling. The tide was now slowing down ready to change direction so out went fresh baits and rigs. Few more bream each, and then with the first trickle of water movement to the east the flood gates opened, codling after codling! Its normally dogs, straps and pout after dark, but they never stood a chance, just one pout between us and some quality double shots of codling and bream. Packed up leaving feeding fish as just didn't want to deep hook anymore codling as they are a bit on the small side at around 2lb. Got back to the car around 10pm absolutely exhausted, got through 1lb lug, 1lb rag, 5 wraps of fresh blacks, 6 peelers, 16 hermits, and a few squid! Rough estimate of fish, 20+ codling, 10+ bream, 2 tub Gurnard and a single pout! Oh and my nephew had a tidy bass on a pop up! Screenshot_20220830_110229_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220903_202201.jpg
    IMG_20220903_202201.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 32
That's a stonking session, fair play. Good pics and great read. ?

Back