• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Few hours on the pier.

Had1

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Been northerly winds for ages stirring the shallow water up . All forecasts said a drop to flat calm last night so thought be a nice evening to try with a 2130 tide so well doable without staying up till silly o'clock, but still able to fish in darkness which I prefer.
Went to local pier type thing well about 20 yards long lol .
Dug a few worm in 20 minutes at the honey hole 3 or 4 decent lug per forkful mainly.

Started with 2 rods ended up just using the carp rod as instant bites mainly.
First 2 fish were bass cracking bites one around 2lbs probably 45 48cm . Then 1 around a pound.
Then the dogfish took over and had 9 in a row ! Think that's the most iv had in a trip from this part of the coast . The northerlys always push them in .
Good fun running out of bait quickly then on last 2 casts I chucked bait the other side into very shallow water hoping to pick a bass out and it worked but was about 8oz if that . Ran out of bait for once . Was a great evening to be out .

And some doggie rash lol

20220920_200546.jpg20220920_200605.jpg20220920_204204.jpg
20220921_153948.jpg

Been northerly winds for ages stirring the shallow water up . All forecasts said a drop to flat calm last night so thought be a nice evening to try with a 2130 tide so well doable without staying up till silly o'clock, but still able to fish in darkness which I prefer.
Went to local pier type thing well about 20 yards long lol .
Dug a few worm in 20 minutes at the honey hole 3 or 4 decent lug per forkful mainly.

Started with 2 rods ended up just using the carp rod as instant bites mainly.
First 2 fish were bass cracking bites one around 2lbs probably 45 48cm . Then 1 around a pound.
Then the dogfish took over and had 9 in a row ! Think that's the most iv had in a trip from this part of the coast . The northerlys always push them in .
Good fun running out of bait quickly then on last 2 casts I chucked bait the other side into very shallow water hoping to pick a bass out and it worked but was about 8oz if that . Ran out of bait for once . Was a great evening to be out .

And some doggie rash lol

View attachment 32932View attachment 32933View attachment 32934
View attachment 32935
no weed then ! i was in Ramsgate on Saturday and had a look up the arm/pier and there
was a few fishing and they were all pulling in clumps of weed so i popped round to Dover
beach next to the pier and filled my bucket with mackies.

Nice report & photos H1 L2! Well done! ????

Back