• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Finally decided.

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm starting to get back into it after a long lay off. Getting some sort of routine going. Enjoying this forum, been really helpful. Good bunch of people with a lot of hard earned knowledge. Cheers

not sure I'd be comfortable with 14'6''

Just as a matter of interest, where was this pic taken. Looks superb...and the rods
The next size up is 14’2”. They don’t do a 14’6” in the Sandstorms. I was of similar thinking to you, in that I wasn’t sure about buying the longer rods but after having a chat with casting legend John Holden I decided to try the 14’2”s. (He said that I could always hacksaw a bit off the butt if I thought they were too long! ?? )

The longer rods are a bit more awkward for transporting but they do seem to have made casting a bit easier, as the longer length has allowed me to slow down slightly. Other than that, I haven’t noticed a lot of benefit.

The pic was taken on 24th April this year.

The next size up is 14’2”. They don’t do a 14’6” in the Sandstorms. I was of similar thinking to you, in that I wasn’t sure about buying the longer rods but after having a chat with casting legend John Holden I decided to try the 14’2”s. (He said that I could always hacksaw a bit off the butt if I thought they were too long! ?? )

The longer rods are a bit more awkward for transporting but they do seem to have made casting a bit easier, as the longer length has allowed me to slow down slightly. Other than that, I haven’t noticed a lot of benefit.

The pic was taken on 24th April this year.
Oh sorry I meant 14' 2''.
I think I did right then as I'm an average + caster. Don't fancy sawing lumps off:oops:

Just as a matter of interest, where was this pic taken. Looks superb...and the rods
Sorry, I read your original message wrong. I thought you had asked when was the pic taken, not where! I wasn't trying to be secret squirrel or anything like that. It was Kingston Seymour on the Bristol Channel.

Here are a few more pics of the venue.
IMG_2903.jpg

28941A91-5835-4EA0-8CBE-D13993050B47.JPG
IMG_2920 (2).jpg

Back