• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Finally Out of Isolation. Where to fish

Steveburt

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
So I've been been in isolation for 10 days after contact with a positive covid person. I tested negative thankfully and what with the poor weather and work commitments before that it's been a couple of weeks since I had the sea rods out. Managed a couple of pike and perch sessions pre isolation. So..... My last day of Isolation is today so can get back after the sea fish tomorrow, hooray! I've only the morning and early afternoon to fish. Where would you guys recommend? Looking at fishing lures and or ragworm. I was thinking either give Peveril Point a go on the falling tide, weymouth pleasure pier or Poole Quay for lrf. Ideally looking to target Wrasse and Pollock, and well to be honest I'd be overjoyed with any other species as a bonus. Cheers. Pics and reports to follow. May try to get out Thursday too as not back at work till the weekend.

Might be worth squid jigging at Weymouth??? If not just get out fishing rag on the bottom and casting your lures about?

Fished Weymouth Stone Pier from approximately 0930 til 1700. Lucky enough to bump into Goatee blank and captain Haddock so I could put some faces to names.
Managed a good catch today, lots of bites consisting of pout, pollock, scorpion fish, blennies, corkwing and ballan wrasse. The majority of fish during daylight fell to bait, thanks to captain haddock for the handful of ragworm, it definitely outfished the prawn, squid and mussels I had bought with me. With the onset of dusk I switched to lrf lures and caught 50 plus pollock. The biggest was about 35cm. Lost a very good sized wrasse which straightened out my hook. Got to see him before he got away which I still can't decide whether that's a good thing or not. It's nice to know what you hooked but seeing "what I could have won" stings a bit. When I left at 1700 the pier was getting busy with locals after the squid.

Fished Weymouth Stone Pier from approximately 0930 til 1700. Lucky enough to bump into Goatee blank and captain Haddock so I could put some faces to names.
Managed a good catch today, lots of bites consisting of pout, pollock, scorpion fish, blennies, corkwing and ballan wrasse. The majority of fish during daylight fell to bait, thanks to captain haddock for the handful of ragworm, it definitely outfished the prawn, squid and mussels I had bought with me. With the onset of dusk I switched to lrf lures and caught 50 plus pollock. The biggest was about 35cm. Lost a very good sized wrasse which straightened out my hook. Got to see him before he got away which I still can't decide whether that's a good thing or not. It's nice to know what you hooked but seeing "what I could have won" stings a bit. When I left at 1700 the pier was getting busy with locals after the squid.
Good to see you and glad you managed to catch your target eventually, we caught plenty of fish after we moved down to the sheltered bit, Goatee will be writing a report of how he out-fished me.

Just got back and enjoying a cup of tea.

Back