• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Finally some fish.

bananas

Reaction score
Well after several blank trips, I had a early start at Brixham, was lovely and flat with no wind and the sun just coming up when I started.
First half hour of slinging feathers was totally dead, as was about to resign myself to another pants session, when suddenly some thing was pulling back on the line, blimey a fish!! and a lovely big Herring at that, next cast, was two of them, then another one, it was if someone had flicked a switch on, I then had a very good take, that took me all over the place before I could get it in, was a very big Herring and what I was hoping for, a Coalfish, managed to drop the Herring down a crevice when unhooking, so grabbed the coaly and hung on to him ready for some pics,.
Pics done I put him back and watched him swim away, that was species number 25 and was very happy with that one. A few more herring , then 3 nice size Mackerel, 1 managed to get off as I lifted the fish over the rocks, 1 went down the same crevices as the Herring!! and one came home for tea.
One more Herring after that and then all went quiet again. gave it a few more casts before packing up and heading home, was great to have something pulling back on the line, almost forgot what that was like.
IMG_20210323_072940.jpg
IMG_20210323_085616.jpg

Brilliant! Nice fishing! Used to get coalies here in the winter. Sadly they are rare these days.

On fire Bud,well done,i thought i caught my one and only herring once off Brighton Marina years back only to be denied as it turned out to be sprat,ah well in nearly 60 years of fishing i guess there`s still time :unsure::giggle::giggle:...Alan

Blanks, you, don't believe it! Do you mean staying at home and watching Loose Women cause that does not count! Travel opens up soon. Well done as always.

Nice session, great report Bob! Nothing better than having a good haul of fish, and then something to enjoy in the pan when you get home! ??

Back