• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Fireblades

I came so. so close to buying two of these last May but in the end I decided that I couldn't justify it inside my head because of the relatively small amount of times I would get to use them. That doesn't stop me having rod envy now though!

I came so. so close to buying two of these last May but in the end I decided that I couldn't justify it inside my head because of the relatively small amount of times I would get to use them. That doesn't stop me having rod envy now though!
I'm sure they will be around a while if you change your mind ??

I'm sure they will be around a while if you change your mind ??
Oh great! I had just about convinced myself that I had made the right decision, that I really didn't need them and now you say that and start me off thinking that maybe I could find a place for them after all! I may as well just give in and order a pair now!

Have just taken delivery of a fireblade,have yet to try it out.Unfortunately I live fast a little bit to far from the beach to justify going under lockdown rules.One of the things that appealed to me was that it is rung for both multiplier and fixed spool,I use a multiplier in daylight hours then change to fs.in the dark.( I get in a muddle using multi at night cos can’t see the weight to slow the reel down!!! Any tips ) Anyway if I like it will def. pair it up with another one.

Nice rods! Id get those decals covered with some resin though. Mick with regards to casting multi at night then I reckon your best bet is to practice in the daylight and just shut your eyes. Keep the rod tip up and concentrate on keeping it still once you've sent the lead away. As soon as you feel everything suddenly goes a bit lighter clamp down with your thumb - that's your lead landing. It's surprising how this can be felt even in a fairly strong winds.

Nice rods! Id get those decals covered with some resin though. Mick with regards to casting multi at night then I reckon your best bet is to practice in the daylight and just shut your eyes. Keep the rod tip up and concentrate on keeping it still once you've sent the lead away. As soon as you feel everything suddenly goes a bit lighter clamp down with your thumb - that's your lead landing. It's surprising how this can be felt even in a fairly strong winds.
Thanks for the tips topwater, will give it a go. when I’ve night fished before with multiplier seemed to spend hours sorting out birdnests!

Thanks for the tips topwater, will give it a go. when I’ve night fished before with multiplier seemed to spend hours sorting out birdnests!
Yep I suspect we all did mate! Try the above I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. It's a tip passed to me decades ago by past master Phil Hyde RIP

I've found you soon get an idea of how long the lead is in the air, and if you lightly position thumb against side of spool you can add a tad of breaking just before it hits the sea.... Which helps a lot with reducing overruns.

Back