• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

First ever Century rods.

wingnut55

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
About to take delivery of my first ever Century rods, never had the pleasure, or funds to that matter to own one, but do now, so ordered a pair of Century Tip Tornado Graphex Match rods. Always been a Daiwa rod user, and did intend getting a pair of Air Surfs, but having read lots of reviews on the Century Graphex range, took the plunge and decided on the Match version, i tend to fish clean ground, and do like 5oz leads, so the Match fits the bill exactly, being a 4-6oz rod. I know i have bought blind as they say, as not even been able to have a waggle, i know they are very light rods, my Tournament Surfs weighing 650gms, i believe the Match weighs roughly the same, and i do prefer light rods. So, cant wait to give them a bash. Just awaiting the Fedex van.

Ian.

About to take delivery of my first ever Century rods, never had the pleasure, or funds to that matter to own one, but do now, so ordered a pair of Century Tip Tornado Graphex Match rods. Always been a Daiwa rod user, and did intend getting a pair of Air Surfs, but having read lots of reviews on the Century Graphex range, took the plunge and decided on the Match version, i tend to fish clean ground, and do like 5oz leads, so the Match fits the bill exactly, being a 4-6oz rod. I know i have bought blind as they say, as not even been able to have a waggle, i know they are very light rods, my Tournament Surfs weighing 650gms, i believe the Match weighs roughly the same, and i do prefer light rods. So, cant wait to give them a bash. Just awaiting the Fedex van.

Ian.
At least you didn't have to remortgage to buy them. Enjoy (y)

Well rods arrived about an hour ago, first class service as usual from Veal's and Fedex. Rods are very nice, build quality is excellent, and very light, which is what i like. Cant wait to use them now, might be a pair of Daiwa Tournament Surfs going up for sale. ;)

Ian.

Century 1.JPGCentury 2.JPGCentury 3.JPGCentury 4.JPGCentury 5.JPGCentury 6.JPG

Nice rods ?you'll not be disappointed
personally I'd of got a match & supper match just for them days when you need that bit extra
The Match's will do just fine, i rarely venture into rough ground with my fishing, but could invest in a pair of Super Match's at a later date if required, but to tell the truth, i don't think it will happen, dont like going over 5oz if i can help it.

Ian.

I think you're hooked - the graphex range are lovely rods. I don't own the match but have the super match and super match LD ( well....I retired and spoilt myself!)
I have moved the wife into the spare room and I now sleep with the super match's....probably too much info;)
Musky

This going to upset a few people, iv totally gone over to century rods now ,if got zziplex rods which I dont even look at now ,my century rods are ,t8oo ,j-curve ,tt lite's, komppresser ss ,and my Harrison q3 and ryhno power rods cover all my fishing

I gave up on Century after my 4th rod - TTLD - followed the trend of the others in lacking feeling, so will be interesting to see how the new Graphex range fishes for you. No way I would ever get rid of my new Daiwa Tournament’s which I absolutely love, but, it will be interesting to hear how they compare on the beach.

This going to upset a few people, iv totally gone over to century rods now ,if got zziplex rods which I dont even look at now ,my century rods are ,t8oo ,j-curve ,tt lite's, komppresser ss ,and my Harrison q3 and ryhno power rods cover all my fishing
Got a nice zippy for sale now then? ;) :LOL::D:D

Got a nice zippy for sale now then? ;) :LOL::D:D
Yeah ,2x t-zeros ,2x,14foot primo syncro's ,1 hst dyamic, the promos are rather nice built with Alps with blue inserts ,one of the t-zeros is built by andy mills both loads spigot, primos are like brand new probably used 4 times since rebuild 3 year ago £300 each for the primos or £550 for the pair ,t-zeros £300 for the pair ,hst dyamic used half dozen times since new £250 ,or all of em together £900 ,buyer collects no offers

Last edited:
I like my Century TTGM's so much, i have just taken delivery of a third one. i will now fish with three of them, got the VMO triple head and cup set converter for my tripod at the same time.

Ian.

Last edited:
Back