• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales First outing of the lure season.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
After a long winter break from the lures, the countdown is well and truly on to my planned start date at the end of the month, March 31st, but with the recent warm weather I decided to venture out a little sooner. Conditions looked good when I left home, with calm seas and a North Wales special sunset :cool:.
Sunset March 22nd 2022.jpg

After a short drive I arrived at my chosen venue and within 15 minutes I was all set up and ready to go, with an old favourite being the first lure out of the box ;).
Ready to go March 22nd 2022.jpg

With an air temperature of 13.7°C and the water at 8.7°C, I was feeling very hopeful of getting off the mark with my earliest lure caught bass of the season, to go with my earliest ever bait caught bass back in February :giggle:. Alas it wasn't to be, and after fishing it hard for the next 5 hours, I hadn't see any fishy signs save for a couple of leaping sea trout :rolleyes:.

So that's my first blank of 2022 but I can't really complain, after a winter of fishing dirty bait through everything the weather gods could throw at me, it was just great to get back out there again with the light gear, in some pretty stunning surroundings ?.
Conditions March 22nd 2022.jpg

Worth a try . Lots of things kicking in now for spring.

Nice shot across to puffin Andy and the night shot is awesome.

Cheers all (y).

Unfortunately this warm spell doesn't look like lasting beyond the middle of next week :cry:, so I may have to put my plans on hold for a little while longer, but it's only a matter of time now before things kick off properly :giggle:.

Back