• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast First post in a while and new species.

Emmcee75

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
As the post says I've not posted in a while though I have been fishing when able to so thought I'd share, hope it doesn't send anyone to sleep haha.
Had some mixed luck of late, some bad, with the odd bit of good luck thrown in.
My first bit of good luck came in the shape of a pb hound of 9lb 06oz (previous was 7lb 08oz) for me which I had from widewater on the Thursday night of the jubilee weekend. IMG_20220602_004251.jpg
The bad luck though was just about to start though. I had the week after the jubilee weekend booked off and was chesil bound on the Sunday. Campsite booked, bait ordered and on a high after a pb hound I was looking forward to it. Woke up Saturday morning with a sore throat from hell and ached from head to toe. Covid test and negative so just manned up and got my kit ready. Sunday morning and felt pretty rough but downed some pills and off I went on the 2hr 20min drive to chesil. By the evening I was really struggling, short of breath and absolutely no energy. Long story short I was back home by Monday afternoon with what turned out to be bronchitis, not good when you're an asthmatic like myself.
Took two weeks to get over that and I was finally able to get back to work. Second day back and I tore a muscle in my knee, couldn't believe my luck. No fishing for a while then. Light duties at work, Physiotherapy as well as rest when possible it started to heal. Got an invite to a 50th birthday weekend in Weymouth 3rd week of July so with my knee well on the mend i decided I'd make a week of it and fish chesil for a week until the weekend. Got down on the Sunday and fished west bexington where I had a small hound and a strap and lots of spiders. The Monday I headed to abbotsbury and it was very slow but I did have one bite and it resulted in another pb, this time a plaice of 39cm (previous was 36cm, I think). Screenshot_20220807-143427_Gallery.jpg
The Tuesday I thought I'd head back to abbotsbury, I walked up towards the cottages and just got onto the shingle when I felt my knee go again, f##k my luck I thought. A struggle back to my van and my week was once again cut short, as far as the fishing went that is. I made sure I hobbled around Weymouth having a few beers though. ?
First time back out yesterday as my Knee was feeling better but not right but just wanted to fish this weekend so I decided to head to milford shingle bank for the neap tides. Firm gravel on top of the bank which was easy on my knee. Walked no more than a couple of hundred metres and set up. A slow session with 3 bream with the biggest only 25cm, two hounds as the sun disappeared which were both around the 3lb mark. Once it was dark then the rod gave a solid pull down and I was expecting another hound only smaller than the first two. It was a different kind of fight and I was thinking it was a decent bream or a bass. What greeted me on the shingle was the last thing I would have guessed, a codling. My first ever one and I was buzzing. 20220806_214801.jpg
Hopefully my luck is going to turn for the better now.
Tight lines.

Great report & photos MC! Some nice fishies there, and well done on the PB's. Hope your luck with your knee & your health drastically changes for the better. ????

Good report mate, and nice pics. Glad your health issue is ok now. (y)

Ian.

Back