• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

First session of the year!

Mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Now we can use cars to go fishing (locally) here in Wales my local fishery has opened and today is the first chance I’ve managed to get out! Still fishing but so far, one carpage of 14lbs 2oz ? Nice to get the weigh sling wet again :) If get anymore - I shall post :)

5A066034-D5FF-4B48-A61A-E38383684BA2.jpeg
F80E21F9-3769-4291-ADFF-B6C65C4DD9E8.jpeg

Tidy!

Nice Mike but pray answer. I`ve asked before, why is it all carp anglers look at the fish as if they were considering some sort of pesca beastiality??? What happened to looking at the camera. You must admit your picture shows you looking at it with a"funny" look.

Nice Mike but pray answer. I`ve asked before, why is it all carp anglers look at the fish as if they were considering some sort of pesca beastiality??? What happened to looking at the camera. You must admit your picture shows you looking at it with a"funny" look.
So firstly, I took about 15 pictures, trying out the new self-take kit on my Fuji XT-3, that was the only one that came out in focus (it is a work in progress). I took some looking at, but they were all out of focus.

As for looking at the fish. There is a theory that when somebody looks at the picture their eyes are naturally drawn to the eyes of the subject in the photo. Carp media (magazines, instagram etc.) use the looking at the fish method as it takes the emphasis away from the person and puts it onto the fish (which is the important part of the picture). It has been done for decades so I can't see it changing anytime soon :)

Carpers, in general, take their photography far more seriously than sea, fly and general coarse anglers for some reason. Where most will be perfectly happy taking a picture on their phone, carp anglers have generally got the full DSLR, tripod, lights, camera and action going on when they take a pic of a fish they've caught.

Personally, I prefer the looking at the fish photos. The emphasis should be on the fish really, that is the real star of any photograph.

Still reckon it`s pesca beastiality. All those long nights under cammo bivvies, strange lot. This will be the same magazines carp media that say you need size 50 butt guides and huge big pit reels then. I catch lots of wild carp in Portugal, never seen a boilie and none have names. Middle of the day, bit of sweetcorn or bread, 10ft salmon spinning rod and 5000 Finnor fixed spool. Touristy dress, shorts, t shirt etc and these wild boys can easily go into high teens.

So firstly, I took about 15 pictures, trying out the new self-take kit on my Fuji XT-3, that was the only one that came out in focus (it is a work in progress). I took some looking at, but they were all out of focus.

As for looking at the fish. There is a theory that when somebody looks at the picture their eyes are naturally drawn to the eyes of the subject in the photo. Carp media (magazines, instagram etc.) use the looking at the fish method as it takes the emphasis away from the person and puts it onto the fish (which is the important part of the picture). It has been done for decades so I can't see it changing anytime soon :)

Carpers, in general, take their photography far more seriously than sea, fly and general coarse anglers for some reason. Where most will be perfectly happy taking a picture on their phone, carp anglers have generally got the full DSLR, tripod, lights, camera and action going on when they take a pic of a fish they've caught.

Personally, I prefer the looking at the fish photos. The emphasis should be on the fish really, that is the real star of any photograph.
I always thought carpy fishing folk were a bit weird.

I always thought carpy fishing folk were a bit weird.
oi you leave us out of this lol I only spent 60 nights last year in my bivvy is that not normal ?
tbh unless youv been to a remote spot and let yourself settle in for a couple days completly relaxed the whole time it's hard to explain the feeling like meditation..
simply can't get that feeling sea fishing as in public places .. i love it lol

well done Mike anyway .

beds more comfortable than my home one and almost as dear lol
Exactly. Memory foam mattress :love:

I love my boat fishing, but shore fishing is just meh for me now. Although I am going shore fishing in a couple of weeks time. I prefer to pick up the fly, feeder or carp rods these days.

Still reckon it`s pesca beastiality. All those long nights under cammo bivvies, strange lot. This will be the same magazines carp media that say you need size 50 butt guides and huge big pit reels then. I catch lots of wild carp in Portugal, never seen a boilie and none have names. Middle of the day, bit of sweetcorn or bread, 10ft salmon spinning rod and 5000 Finnor fixed spool. Touristy dress, shorts, t shirt etc and these wild boys can easily go into high teens.
I've just purchased a field monitor for my camera, so you'll get beautifully framed, looking at the camera pictures next time ?

Exactly. Memory foam mattress :love:

I love my boat fishing, but shore fishing is just meh for me now. Although I am going shore fishing in a couple of weeks time. I prefer to pick up the fly, feeder or carp rods these days.

haha yeah ? i do bit of everything too .
been mainly shore for last few months because of lockdown looking forward to summer though now allsorts.

I’m with Stan, I find it quite odd too.

I see the logic of the ‘drawing eyes’ theory but unfortunately with a lot of the carp pictures I see, it simply appears very contrived.

(And that as soon as the photo session is over, the lube is coming out ???)

Back