• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

First time failed☹️.

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
As I mentioned earlier I was off out for my first ever lure session. I got to my usual haunt I fish in the winter I've had a few bass there, so my thinking was they'll be here in the summer. If they were they weren't on the same page as me ☹️. I was going to go to Hartlepool headland but the tall ships are there and it's a nightmare parking.
Looking down from the promenade at crimdon it didn't look to bad IMG20230708133956.jpgMy plan was to go around the corner on the left it's quite rocky there. I decided on a top water lure first and discovered it was getting dragged round from right to left pretty sharpish. Then I tried everything in my little lure box and everything came back from the left covered in weed🤬. IMG20230708161509.jpgIMG20230708161516.jpgIMG20230708161523.jpg There was no wind. Then about half 3 the heavens opened and one almighty thunder clap right above me scared the shite out of me then nothing rain stopped and the sun came out. I gave it till half four then called it . I'm thinking of trying somewhere else tomorrow if we're not out on the boat. I've learnt a few things while I was down there about how certain lures move on the retrieve and to keep my fanny scratchers away from those pointy fecking hooks got me a few times nothing serious.Till next time 👍.

Attachments

• IMG20230708161509.jpg
    IMG20230708161509.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1
Bad luck mate, weed is our nemesis at the moment, bloody stuff is a nightmare at the moment. But full marks for giving it a go. Better luck next time. Great pics though. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Persevere Stevie, you'll build up a picture as to when and how it fishes best. Getting weeded out is part of the game unfortunately. Weedless SPs with the hook hidden can help at times, particularly when its mostly surface flotsam, but sometimes its weed soup and theres not a lot you can do👍

Nice report & Photos Stevie, even if the fish weren't playing ball. Better luck for next time. 🎣🎣👍👍

Good effort mate. Looks a nice mark to fish at night on the flood
its a better mark in the winter 2 hrs back 2 hrs in any longer and the tide comes round the back of you very quickly. I've had bass there before rod and line up to 3lb. Its mainly cod, the biggest cod I had there was 8 years ago 9lb 4oz.

Back