• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Fishing for the aquarium again

bananas

Reaction score
After the trip I had up at Ilfracombe and caught some fish that went to the local aquarium, the chaps had been asking Martyn about some the fish from down my way, so we organised a trip for Brixham yesterday to see if we could get a few for them.
I got to the mark while Martyn nipped off to get some rag from the tackle shop, so I was the first in to the fish, as usual with this spot there is lots a Corkwings and Pouting which was the first two fish out, Martyn arrived back as I just put back a Goldsinny, luckily none of these fish was on the hit list.
After a scramble down the weedy rocks Martyn was in to his first fish, Corkwing and we then settled in to catching lots of the first 3 types I had plus a few Ballans, just before low I had a very several small bites and a blenny was out, Ringneck and one off the list they wanted, in to the bucket he went.
A few casts later and I saw a pink flash deep in the murky water, could it be, I dropped the splitshot down hoping the bloody pout would leave it alone, few nice tugs and fish on, out came a stunning female Cuckoo Wrasse and another species for the bucket.
As the tide had turned and we was getting pushed up the rocks a bit more, we was still getting hits with the normal fish that live around there plus both of us had a couple feisty Tompots too, then Mart had a nice fish on that splashed around a lot before coming out, it was a Rockcook and a first ever one for him, I think he would have jumped up & down with joy at this one if it was so weedy. With him in the bucket it was back to Pouting and corkwings again, bites slacked off two hours after low and we decided to call it a day, so back to the car, filled some buckets with sea water and replaced the aerator batteries for their journey up north.
A fun session with lots a fish and species and 3 fish for the aquarium plus the sun came out as well.

After the trip I had up at Ilfracombe and caught some fish that went to the local aquarium, the chaps had been asking Martyn about some the fish from down my way, so we organised a trip for Brixham yesterday to see if we could get a few for them.
I got to the mark while Martyn nipped off to get some rag from the tackle shop, so I was the first in to the fish, as usual with this spot there is lots a Corkwings and Pouting which was the first two fish out, Martyn arrived back as I just put back a Goldsinny, luckily none of these fish was on the hit list.
After a scramble down the weedy rocks Martyn was in to his first fish, Corkwing and we then settled in to catching lots of the first 3 types I had plus a few Ballans, just before low I had a very several small bites and a blenny was out, Ringneck and one off the list they wanted, in to the bucket he went.
A few casts later and I saw a pink flash deep in the murky water, could it be, I dropped the splitshot down hoping the bloody pout would leave it alone, few nice tugs and fish on, out came a stunning female Cuckoo Wrasse and another species for the bucket.
As the tide had turned and we was getting pushed up the rocks a bit more, we was still getting hits with the normal fish that live around there plus both of us had a couple feisty Tompots too, then Mart had a nice fish on that splashed around a lot before coming out, it was a Rockcook and a first ever one for him, I think he would have jumped up & down with joy at this one if it was so weedy. With him in the bucket it was back to Pouting and corkwings again, bites slacked off two hours after low and we decided to call it a day, so back to the car, filled some buckets with sea water and replaced the aerator batteries for their journey up north.
A fun session with lots a fish and species and 3 fish for the aquarium plus the sun came out as well.
Nice!

Back