• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Fishing in Cornwall

Stiffpilot23

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Hello guys ,got a weeks holiday in Cornwall coming up and I'm looking for recommendations on marks to fish. I'm staying at Veryan but not bothered about a bit of travelling ,only been sea fishing a couple years so I don't have the confidence to fish rough ground (but maybe its about time I started loosing gear) also any recommendations for a nearby tackle shop/bait supplier and any other advise you chuck my way would be most appreciated, thanks

Welcome to the madhouse Stiffy! There's a few in Cornwall who may pop up with some info - I'm normally just over the Devon border, but currently 150 miles South! ??

Hello guys ,got a weeks holiday in Cornwall coming up and I'm looking for recommendations on marks to fish. I'm staying at Veryan but not bothered about a bit of travelling ,only been sea fishing a couple years so I don't have the confidence to fish rough ground (but maybe its about time I started loosing gear) also any recommendations for a nearby tackle shop/bait supplier and any other advise you chuck my way would be most appreciated, thanks

Well your around @Cfish and the Fabled Black Ghost rider @Tow-rag Hunting grounds but just watch out with Tow Rag as he likes to throw himself in the Drink!.
Much of your places will be later in day when Oiks and Beached whales have left beach if sandy beach but more rock ledge places should be fine and plenty of them many not tackle hungry if cast out from rocks as on to sand.
you have Estuary SW of you lots of places there.
Do google maps then go on aerial view that way shows up beaches etc

Plenty of macky around but too bright and clear water try early Morning or getting dark Could try for wrasse! The bass are feeding uP on sandeel! I've been potting so not got the rods out!IMG_20220708_151803.jpg

If
If you're in gorran ask for tommo.

Plenty of macky , Whiting,pout, scad dogs gurnard around! Bass but they are smashing bait and moving around alot! Bleddy congers too!

The local expert is getting a few pennies for being an expert on catching grt white sharks twat! They are around imo but why try and make money by getting people excited like the media does every year?

The local expert is getting a few pennies for being an expert on catching grt white sharks twat! They are around imo but why try and make money by getting people excited like the media does every year?
I did see that utube in my search,.... a small hound is plenty for me.

Back