• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Fishy went fishing

Was years ago Mr Fish. That comp was massive in the 90s.
Yea I suppose it must be almost 30, didn’t think it was that long! 😱

I remember the comp but never entered it. You’re right though, used to be a big thing.

Yea I suppose it must be almost 30, didn’t think it was that long! 😱

I remember the comp but never entered it. You’re right though, used to be a big thing.
Been to a lot of places up around North Devon & Cornwall, but don't think I've been to Ilfracombe. Mentions of "Bastille" and the "Zalty Dug" had me off on a tour via Google Street view! I'm back now! 😁😁

Been to a lot of places up around North Devon & Cornwall, but don't think I've been to Ilfracombe. Mentions of "Bastille" and the "Zalty Dug" had me off on a tour via Google Street view! I'm back now! 😁😁

The salty dog was a pub below the very last guest house. Now apartments.
The Bastille was a big pub that used to run a specimen brace league every month. It was a big comp.
The pubs gone. Now flats

The salty dog was a pub underneath a hotel that was right on the corner of the path. Popular in its day for locals as well as tourists.

Pubs closed. Now flats.

The town ruined full of coffin dodgers and crackheads all the fabric of the town is onnthe downturn.

The salty dog was a pub underneath a hotel that was right on the corner of the path. Popular in its day for locals as well as tourists.

Pubs closed. Now flats.

The town ruined full of coffin dodgers and crackheads all the fabric of the town is onnthe downturn.
Not to mention all our new friends from overseas 🙄

Back