• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Flotation suit (or beach shelter?!)

I have owed suits before. To big and bulky IMO. I now own a Vass smock and trousers. Very very warm. I always wear shorts on the beach and have never got cold in them. That being said… i do take a shelter 90% of the time for comfort. But i would also happily sit on the BC in just the Smock and trousers. So swings and roundabouts…. But if you are fishing dodgey marks then the floatation suit could be a life saver.
I would wait until January anyway as most places will be doing deals etc.

Cheers.
I have been looking around, but the sizing is a headache.
Went to tackle shop last night but there was nothing suitable.
Will have a look around in the sales :) 🤞

Thanks Shirleycodlin

Good food for thought (y)
Actually no matter how many different ways this question gets asked the only answer is shirls answer...... the key thing here is waterproof.... being wet is not doable.
So a floatation suit or a set of 30 quid rubbery waterproofs... I would buy the rubbery waterproofs and get some layers on.

Mustoe salopettes and a Sundridge floatation suit jacket for me, with layers underneath they keep me warm and dry in all weathers, and being 2 piece, I can take the jacket off if I get too warm.

The idea of a beach shelter is nice, but I prefer to be a bit more mobile.

I think the winter choices of gear that you can walk, fish and stay dry and warm in are quite limited to gear that keeps you afloat with a short survival time and gear that will keep you warm and dry unfortunately.

When I was in the [yawn I know] service fishing club scene the first briefed action [this is before descending to mark btw] if anyone went in off the NE Scotland rock marks was for EVERYONE in the "party" to reel in, cast and foul hook the person in the water!!

This was to keep them close and under observation for hopefully [self] rescue.

Great! Dragged in to be battered to death on the rocks with added pain from hooks in you. Great thinking😬
When rollicking the the little boss boss
It’s the hard way or the easy way
And guess what?
It’s always the hard way!🤣🤣

Back