• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Fortress clothing

Trampster

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Anybody come across or had any dealings with Fortress clothing? Is it any good? Local tackle shop who also have an eBay store have got a Fortress Air-flex waterproof windproof breathable jacket for sale (below). Since I don't get out much, it won't get a lot of use, so wondered if anybody had an experience of Fortress gear. There are Fortress waist trousers and bib/brace waterproofs from other sellers at reasonable prices too.

Cant speak for the jackets, but a lot of the boat fishermen on Loch Lomond swear by the trousers, apparently the best thing for sitting down in shit weather all day, nothing gets through them even water sandwiched between a boat seat and you back end.

Cant speak for the jackets, but a lot of the boat fishermen on Loch Lomond swear by the trousers, apparently the best thing for sitting down in shit weather all day, nothing gets through them even water sandwiched between a boat seat and you back end.
Strange to hear that if they are breathable as water normally gets compressed through breathable gear.

Thanks for the replies Guys - I think I'll wait until this Covid situation eases a little and go take a look. With anything like clothing, it's far better to be able to try it on than buy online anyway.

Thanks for the replies Guys - I think I'll wait until this Covid situation eases a little and go take a look. With anything like clothing, it's far better to be able to try it on than buy online anyway.
I have a Fortress bib and brace bought from Rob's Bait and Tackle, which I think is the shop you were referring to. Good price and a good product. PH

I have the coat.
Waterproof enough for a downpour. About as breathable as a carrier bag.

Cheaper on Amazon aswell

I have a Fortress bib and brace bought from Rob's Bait and Tackle, which I think is the shop you were referring to. Good price and a good product. PH
Correct on the store PH, but Rob only has the jacket listed online. As I said, I think I'll leave it until this Covid situation eases and pay Rob's a visit. If Rob has something I need, I tend to buy it online as parking at his can be a nightmare!

Back