• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Friday night catch report

John Mitchell

Reaction score
What a wet night , I have had my 18year old nephew asking me to take him fishing , his experience so far has been a bit of float fishing and feathering this summer using a 6.6ft spinning rod .
so I took him and his granddad my brother in law out last night in that horrendous wet weather , I had got the bait etc so i knew a spot out of the worst of the wind .Ben (the nephew ) was into the first fish of the night a little pout , then he had another and me and Colin were now bystanders . Now Ben was baiting up himself and casting himself after a few instructions from me .Then it was my turn to start catching fish , whiting about half a pound came in quite regularly in the evening , and we all had pout , then the bass turned up and we all had bass , I also had a gilthead about a pound ,C47C8473-6EE7-44D9-A912-2B54386D64F9.jpeg9AB72646-48F5-4E53-9A81-2D6F0AB59361.jpeg84DA20C8-7AC3-4800-B66A-489D9965A66B.jpeg5B159F3C-8D29-4787-AF89-8B2BFE585847.jpegColin had now started to bait up and cast out himself so I had a bit more time to fish myself , so after using up £25 of worms it was time to go home . We had used all my gear so all that has to sorted out today now .

Great report John! Nice to see the youngsters getting out there and even catching a couple! He’ll be hooked for life now! Well done mate, enjoyable read!

Great report John! Nice to see the youngsters getting out there and even catching a couple! He’ll be hooked for life now! Well done mate, enjoyable read!
Well done John, Nice Gilt head :)
Great report John. I bet you were pleased to see that bream
Well done to all of you, what a night tone out, huge respect John .
Excellent result John, and it doesn't look like you all had too much of a weather battering!
Well done. Impressed with the Gilthead.
Cheers guys , I was pleased to get the gilthead I am always happy to see them , and the youngster has been asking me for a while to take him out , and the rain was heaving down for over a hour, but we had the right gear on .I was just pleased to see him catch some fish .

What a wet night , I have had my 18year old nephew asking me to take him fishing , his experience so far has been a bit of float fishing and feathering this summer using a 6.6ft spinning rod .
so I took him and his granddad my brother in law out last night in that horrendous wet weather , I had got the bait etc so i knew a spot out of the worst of the wind .Ben (the nephew ) was into the first fish of the night a little pout , then he had another and me and Colin were now bystanders . Now Ben was baiting up himself and casting himself after a few instructions from me .Then it was my turn to start catching fish , whiting about half a pound came in quite regularly in the evening , and we all had pout , then the bass turned up and we all had bass , I also had a gilthead about a pound ,View attachment 843View attachment 844View attachment 845View attachment 846Colin had now started to bait up and cast out himself so I had a bit more time to fish myself , so after using up £25 of worms it was time to go home . We had used all my gear so all that has to sorted out today now .

Well done John ................. it was a foul evening , but you caught a few between all of you, which makes it worthwhile ..............I bet you are missing fishing with 'one worm banyan' ...........................

I am waiting for the weather to improve, so I can get out on the wrecks .........................................

Back